Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: What is your Top 3 road game experiences in FCS??? (Best food advice also!)

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    Definitely, actually I go to at least two JMU home CAA games every season - I live 32 miles north of JMU off I 81. I've waited for UNH @ JMU since 2010. I missed the playoff game last season because I was in Austria.
    Nice, man! I'll send you a PM when we get closer, and hit me up on here if you are going to a game before 10/28.

BEST
    MONTANA ST - 2010 Playoff, damn it was cold
    the time USD thought it would be a good idea to play NDSU in Sioux Falls, LOL!! 2012 or 2013 i believe
    UNI - 2016

WORST
    SDSU - 2013
    SDSU - 2013
    SDSU - 2013

never going back, would rather fly to India for a game. My friends girlfriend was spit on in that Sh!#ehole bar downtown, Servers at the Applebees (Fine Dining in Brookings) wouldn't serve us Friday before the game at 9pm, and the fans...wow especially the students were terrible. I/m one that likes to mingle and don't mind smack but they were just intolerable
    Last edited by Thundar; May 15th, 2017 at 01:37 PM.

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    BEST
    MONTANA ST - 2010 Playoff, damn it was cold
    the time USD thought it would be a good idea to play NDSU in Sioux Falls, LOL!! 2012 or 2013 i believe
    UNI - 2016

WORST
    SDSU - 2013
    SDSU - 2013
    SDSU - 2013

never going back, would rather fly to India for a game. My friends girlfriend was spit on in that Sh!#ehole bar downtown, Servers at the Applebees (Fine Dining in Brookings) wouldn't serve us Friday before the game at 9pm, and the fans...wow especially the students were terrible. I/m one that likes to mingle and don't mind smack but they were just intolerable
    The game against USD was in 2012 at Howard Wood field in Sioux Falls. Bison were coming off the only loss of the season the previous week to the Trees.

Bison ROLLED. 54-0.

USD was technically the home team but it was a very pro Bison crowd.

My wife and 2 boys were at SDSU for the 2013 game. We got pictures with the Dakota Marker after NDSU whooped the Jackrabbits that day.

Dewey
    "You're not defined by a moment, you're defined by your body of work, and that's the best body of work in college football." NDSU head football coach Chris Klieman

AGS FCS Champion FormerPokeCenter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy94 View Post
    Steamboat Bill's is good but its always Darrell's on game day for me. Then off to Frosty Factory for a frozen cocktail to walk around tailgate with. I have never had a bad experience in Lake Chuck, plus the little touchdown dance they all do cracks me up every time. Counting LSU t-shirts is something we love to do also.
    LOL...Dat's de Cajun National Anthem, Cher....Show some respect!

The LSU shirt thing used to bother me....but....after the two trips to Tiger Stadium, I've come to realize the two schools do share an awful lot of fans...

Hell, even the LSU head coach, Ed Orgeron is a McNeese fan

His first college job was as a grad assistant at McNeese...and both of his sons signed with McNeese...

So...needless to say....when he shows up wearing McNeese gear to McNeese games, the folks in LSU Gear get an earful.

"Dude, if LSU's Head ****ing Coach can wear McNeese gear when he comes to watch the Cowboys play, why can't you??"
    - Former Poke Center

Proud Participant in The 24 Hours of Booty bicycle ride to raise money for the war on cancer, July 24-25, 7 pm to 7 pm, at Queens University and Myers Park Traditional School, Charlotte, NC. All monies raised go to toward LiveSTRONG and a variety of cancer fighting initiatives devoted to early detection, survivorship and research. All donations are tax deductible.

To contribute, go to:

https://events.24foundation.org/fundraise?fcid=889656

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post

The LSU shirt thing used to bother me....but....after the two trips to Tiger Stadium, I've come to realize the two schools do share an awful lot of fans...

His first college job was as a grad assistant at McNeese...and both of his sons signed with McNeese...

So...needless to say....when he shows up wearing McNeese gear to McNeese games, the folks in LSU Gear get an earful.

"Dude, if LSU's Head ****ing Coach can wear McNeese gear when he comes to watch the Cowboys play, why can't you??"
    That's pretty cool. It does seem kind of silly to have animosity between a state FCS and FBS school. Both have enough rivals in their own subdivision.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post

The SLC schedule sucks, I won't be making a trip to Lake Chuck this season unless its post season.

Class of 1994
    Eat’em Up Kats!!!

Originally Posted by wapiti Put beans in your chili.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevSFA View Post
    GTFO
    LOL