Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What is your Top 3 road game experiences in FCS??? (Best food advice also!)

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Salty

That was a fantastic game and you know it.
    No it was not! Your fans were assholes. I know every team has a few fans that will be asses, but that seemed to be your entire fan base. Even your players were classless. One of my friends who is a military veteran attending UTC had one of your players jump into the stands after the game, and go up to his face even though his little boy was sitting next to him. Your player said right in his face and in front of his little kid, "F*** you!" Absolutely unacceptable behavior! It's bad enough that one of your players said that to a military veteran (and it was obvious that he was veteran with what he was wearing), but it makes it even worse that he did it in front of a kid that had to be no more than 8 years old! The stadium was dirty and cramped. Seems like you all sacrifice space for capacity. The teams barely fit on the sidelines they were so narrow. You would think a playoff game of all games would constitute having a clean stadium, but the whole place was filthy. The field looked old and worn out. Should I go on? Putting the game aside, this was the worst football road trip experience I've ever had.
    Last edited by Scrappy94; May 11th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    No excuses for that type of behavior. Nothing wrong with good natured fun between fan bases, but there are always idiots who take things too far. I hope if you come down this year, it is a complete turn around from what you say happened last time. However, I can see how this may sour you on gameday in Brookings.
    Those types almost never actually went to the school, especially true at large public flagship schools. I went to a South Carolina vs Georgia game. I saw more WWF wannabe drunk illiterate rednecks, actually assaulting others, than I care to remember. Probably 100k ppl there w attendance plus tailgate crowd. Id estimate about 1000 fit that description I gave and ruined it for others. 1000000% chance they never even got accepted to those 2 fine universities.
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

AGS FCS Champion

1. Frisco - Go eat at Tight Ends or Wild Pitch. They could serve cardboard and I would recommend this place. Scenery.

2. Montana - Stockman's Bar. This place might actually serve cardboard (idk), but's its a fun bar.

3. UNI - Only other place I've been outside of USD and UND. Don't eat in Grand Forks or Vermilion.

Montana
    Montana State
    Frisco

The Montana and Montana State fans are with out a doubt the best fans Ive ever met. Only other fans that could come close were the Kansas State fans.

Honorable mention goes to UNI but all they did was bitch about the Hawkeye fans.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Montana
    Montana State
    Frisco

The Montana and Montana State fans are with out a doubt the best fans Ive ever met. Only other fans that could come close were the Kansas State fans.
    Montana's fans were awesome. Of course it's a little easier after they beat us. I didn't go to KSU but from the reports from friends that did, they were extremely complimentary after they took a loss.

Speaking of your hawkeyes. On Friday night the bartender came over and said I'm kinda rooting for you guys. I said cool but why. He said all Iowa fans leave town if they lose and I'm not so busy. Boy was he right. Saturday night was almost all Bison fans. The Iowa fans were nice after the game, but they seemed pretty down.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy94 View Post
    No it was not! Your fans were assholes. I know every team has a few fans that will be asses, but that seemed to be your entire fan base. Even your players were classless. One of my friends who is a military veteran attending UTC had one of your players jump into the stands after the game, and go up to his face even though his little boy was sitting next to him. Your player said right in his face and in front of his little kid, "F*** you!" Absolutely unacceptable behavior! It's bad enough that one of your players said that to a military veteran (and it was obvious that he was veteran with what he was wearing), but it makes it even worse that he did it in front of a kid that had to be no more than 8 years old! The stadium was dirty and cramped. Seems like you all sacrifice space for capacity. The teams barely fit on the sidelines they were so narrow. You would think a playoff game of all games would constitute having a clean stadium, but the whole place was filthy. The field looked old and worn out. Should I go on? Putting the game aside, this was the worst football road trip experience I've ever had.
    Interesting......I've been to JSU a few times and I think they have a nice setting for college football.

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

Quote Originally Posted by ASU33 View Post
    Interesting......I've been to JSU a few times and I think they have a nice setting for college football.
    It was a horrible experience when I went. It's going to take a lot for another road trip to overtake that one as the worst. Their fans and players were awful that trip. I've never seen so many rude people in my life. I never want to go back to that place again. I will not be making the trip next time we play in Jacksonville. I will stay home and watch from the internet. JSU is the only away trip that I can say that I never plan on making again.

I've been on road trips to all the current SoCon members, and have never had any problems from fans of the current members.

However, Georgia Southern had the worst fans in the FCS before they moved to the Sun Belch. They have their student seating on what would be the visitor's side, right next to the visitors seating. They are probably the rudest and vulgar student body in college athletics. As a visiting fan, I'd never take my family to gnatsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    I've been on road trips to all the current SoCon members, and have never had any problems from fans of the current members.

However, Georgia Southern had the worst fans in the FCS before they moved to the Sun Belch. They have their student seating on what would be the visitor's side, right next to the visitors seating. They are probably the rudest and vulgar student body in college athletics. As a visiting fan, I'd never take my family to gnatsboro.
    Yeah. They are almost as bad as JSU. I had a bad experience during my one road trip to Georgia Southern. Their fans threw eggs at our car because it had a UTC sticker on the window. Didn't care for sitting next to the student section. Heard their student section was very rude to the band. Apparently they egged the band's bus on that trip too. This was back during the 2013 trip. I didn't include them on my list since they are FBS now, but I guess I could include them since they were FCS as the time. Guess that means I can add App State to my list too since I went there when they were still FCS back in 2013. That would make my list look like this now.

Best:
    Sam Houston State
    The Citadel
    App State

Worst:
    Jacksonville State
    Georgia Southern
    Samford

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post

I found it was actually a lot of fun to visit Georgia Southern. Of course that is if you win. The fans seem to dissipate pretty fast after a loss.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw