Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Class FCS Ruler DirtyDukes's Avatar

Re: Top Ten Quarterbacks to Watch in the FCS - Ranking

Schor should be higher ask Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Mocs123 View Post
    Hodges's will continue to put up monster numbers in that system. His numbers last year were straight from a Video game.

Barring something crazy happening, he will win 1st team all SoCon honors for sure. No other SoCon QB is put in a situation to put up numbers like that. I imagine Bennifeild would take winning the conference over all SoCon awards.

I agree he isn't a top ten QB in the country based on last year- probably more like top 15-20 - but that's still pretty good and he has room to improve this season.
    The only concern I have about Bennefield is the loss of some of his weapons.

A lot of what I saw out of UTC last year put Bennefield in a position to make plays by utilizing the vertical and horizontal rushing attack with Craine and Bagley. I don't know what Arth's system will look like, but I do think Bennefield was as reliant on his offensive personnel as any QB in the league. Most of the other top QBs (Hodges, Hannon, Cobb, Russ, etc.) were sort of one-man bands. Bennefield seemed to heavily rely on his offensive players forcing defenses to defend more space, opening up his running and throwing lanes. It will be interesting to see how he does this season. Really a good looking player.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Obviously I am curious to see what Arth's offense looks like as well. It's supposed to be more Pro style and less spread.

I didn't get to go to the spring game but it sounded very vanilla, which is probably to be expected.

First Class FCS Ruler underdawg's Avatar

SIU likes their starter 6-3 235 pound Sam Straub/ started the last three games last year: 339 yards passing (69 rushing) against USD, 386 yards passing against YSU, and 450 yard passing versus WEstern Il in a win---1126 yards in three games. Of course he has a great arm but is also strong for a QB Just setting a QB record for squat the other day at 505 pounds.

I saw 3 of the 10 in person last season against a pretty good Villanova defense. I'd rank the 3 I saw in this order:

1. Schor - JMU had Villanova's defense on its collective heels until our NT landed on him & sent him out.

2. Lauletta - I've seen him the past 2 seasons. He's talented and next level possibility.

3. Christian SDSU - Maybe it was our defense, but I saw a confused QB in December. Had happy feet most of the game & was bailed out by Goeddart most of the day making incredible catches in traffic. Our LB dropped a pick 6 midway of 4th Q too. Threw right at him.

Villanova QB listed in next 10 is generous. Doesn't see the field most plays & relies on his legs over his arm whenever he senses the littlest amount of trouble. Has his best games against lower level CAA teams.
    Last edited by Gangtackle11; May 11th, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

Here's hoping that Tyrie Adams can make that top ten list as a sophomore........

I hope Adams isn't

Incredible athlete though, I see glimpses of Armani Edwards in him. Not sure if he will ever be a top 10 QB as his game is different just as Jacob Huesman was probably never a "top 10" QB on paper but he won a lot of games for us and was more valuable of football player than just about any of the QB's on a top 10 list.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Here's hoping that Tyrie Adams can make that top ten list as a sophomore........

Are you even sure he will be on the team in the fall?
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

He'll be there.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    He'll be there.
    Currently suspended though correct?
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá