Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    My real name is Bisontownmocks

Re: Top Ten Quarterbacks to Watch in the FCS - Ranking

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    Felt it
    Right in your lions as he tossed 4 TDs and 450 yards against the Bison at will? He also rushed for another 50 and a TD.... It was not enjoyable for me personally to witness.
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Right in your lions as he tossed 4 TDs and 450 yards against the Bison at will? He also rushed for another 50 and a TD.... It was not enjoyable for me personally to witness.
    This was me

I was trying to be mad but I could not. Guburd was just lighting the Bison up without the use of Kupp. That is what blew mind that they could not contain him at all. Also that 3-3-5 was pathetic. I never want to see that ever again. He should be the favorite for offensive MVP. How I wish he was wearing a Bison jersey this year.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

My real name is Bisontownmocks

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    This was me

I was trying to be mad but I could not. Guburd was just lighting the Bison up without the use of Kupp. That is what blew mind that they could not contain him at all. Also that 3-3-5 was pathetic. I never want to see that ever again. He should be the favorite for offensive MVP. How I wish he was wearing a Bison jersey this year.
    He won't win it because someone will put up gaudy numbers against easier competition. Also...how in the **** did my "loins" comment get autocorrected to "lions"?
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

AGS FCS Expert

I was impressed with Gage. His pocket awareness was impressive, but I still think Lauletta was better in a much worse showing. Swap teams and I expect similar results.

AGS FCS Expert

He won't win it because someone will put up gaudy numbers against easier competition. Also...how in the **** did my "loins" comment get autocorrected to "lions"?
    He's going to put up numbers in EWU. He'll be in the running. I'd even say he should be the favorite.

AGS FCS Master

Let me guess, he play's in the Southland and he play's in a town, home to a penitentiary?

That's why I did not respond. I had no idea how I could feel that in my lions. But I did get a tingle up my leg that game.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

Bennifield is top 10.
    To want something requires absolutely nothing. To will something requires sacrifice. That is the vision I have for Mocs football. A group that will have a tireless will to compete. When they play that way national championships are to be expected. That's our goal.

Tom Arth

Bennifield has talent and a strong arm. He throws a beautiful deep ball (something Jacob Huesman didn't). It will be interesting to see how he develops under Arth.

Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Bennifield is top 10.
    You could make an argument Bennefield wasn't even one of the top 5 quarterbacks in the SoCon last season, much less top 10 in the country.

He's a good player, but his numbers were unspectacular last season despite having the most talented roster in the conference.

I expect in 2017 he will put up good numbers, but stay behind Hodges in most categories. Both Furman and VMI are moving to more run oriented offenses and lose good QBs.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Hodges's will continue to put up monster numbers in that system. His numbers last year were straight from a Video game.

Barring something crazy happening, he will win 1st team all SoCon honors for sure. No other SoCon QB is put in a situation to put up numbers like that. I imagine Bennifeild would take winning the conference over all SoCon awards.

I agree he isn't a top ten QB in the country based on last year- probably more like top 15-20 - but that's still pretty good and he has room to improve this season.