Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Re: Top Ten Quarterbacks to Watch in the FCS - Ranking

Yep...It exposed the Southland.... Easy to look good playing your OOC against NW Southern Panhandle State

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDukes View Post
    LOL he was not injured. He just sucked and couldn't play in the cold - playing with gloves on for the first time. They spent 1,000 hours before the game talking about how he was good to go. His throwing motion did not look impaired. They never mentioned his injury during the broadcast. I'm not going to let you Soft Houston State boys rewrite history behind your fraudulent Payton winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytripper View Post
    Quit responding to that JMU assclown. He just trolls.
    and If you respond he cries to Ursus like a little bitch...

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
    2 years ago I would've put Wentz 1 and Stick 5. This last year Stick has hasn't showed that he is top 10 in the FCS. Way too inconsistent. Missed easy touchdowns all around. Deep ball was wanting, was 58% comp in a lower risk attack. 2 years ago I thought he might also have a chance in the NFL ala Jimmy Garoppolo with better wheels. Right now I would be surprised if he even makes it as a camp arm.

I really hope he can make strides. What are the stastical chances that NDSU have a camp arm to CFL backup, then NFL starter, then another CFL type QB. I am almost convinced that NDSU's system needs a QB that is top 5 in the FCS with borderline CFL talent. Not by numbers but by the ability. NDSU is changing protections on the line, calling plays on the line, then actually doing full reads, plus the play book is very NFLesqe.

Stick needs to improve his consistency for sure. One series he looks great then the next he looks pretty mediocre at best. 58% definitely needs to come in order for this offense to run effectively IMO.

I would like to actually see what Davis could do. Hopefully he gets some time in the MV or RM games.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    agree, dependence on stats as if all other things are equal, can be misleading. Offensive system, play calling, SOS, conference style, OL and WR groups .. even defenses which can provide good field position, more time of possession, turnovers, etc .. all can favorable or adversely impact a quarterbacks performance. If your team dominates and always has the lead, a conservative coach will put breaks on and run out clock. Vice verus if your team like shoot outs, and is always plaing from behind with nothing to lose against a team playing prevent.

All things are never equal .. so Schor may or may not put up great QBRs if he doubled his pass count fom 20 to 40 like EWU, SHSU, and Samford .. next year, they have new RB, but I believe same tough OL .. so we'll see if JMU passes a little more w/o the stud RB.

Bit off this topic but certainly related ... Point on importance of field position to offense and defense, and it's impact on winning games and how much you win by .. there was a year my Chicago Bears dropped from top 3-5 defense to middle of pack, and everyone wondered why are defense sucked so bad all of a sudden. Somebody crunched the data and determined the Bears defense was just as good .. problem was their offense absolutely sucked .. bottom 2-3. So they looked at defensive results broken down by starting field position and determined the Bears were still in Top 3-5 from almost every position (0-10, 10-20, 20-30, etc) on the field .. problem was the defense was always coming on the field in bad position, not to mention with very little rest .. and still dominated defensively when adjusted for starting field position. I couldn't;t find that article but found this one for college. It doesn't show the defensive or offensive states, just win% and scoring margin based on average starting field position margin. I don't imagine this is a revelation to many of you .. but the impact is pretty telling and definitive.

JMU dominated nearly every phase of game last year, including turnovers and return game .. which result in great starting field position most games .. over 15 game season, that is huge. If your average staring field position is 10 yards better than your opponent over course of 12 drives .. that's worth 120 yards for the game .. no matter how you obtained that added field position.

Here is link and screen print: http://www.footballstudyhall.com/201...l-five-factors

All else being equal, the simple act of starting drives further up the field than your opponent can pay off significantly. (Of course, since field position is determined not only by special teams but also an offense's ability to get at least a first down or two before punting, "all else being equal" isn't the best way to put it. But you get the drift.)
    FP Margin Range % of 2013 games Win% Avg. scoring margin
    20+ yards 4.0% 96.9% +32.4
    15-20 yards 8.6% 92.8% +28.6
    10-15 yards 17.8% 86.7% +19.9
    6-10 yards 23.5% 78.3% +15.7
    3-6 yards 23.5% 59.8% +6.3
    0-3 yards 22.7% 54.1% +2.6

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinFan View Post
    Those wrinkles always seem more theoretical than something you see in actual practice. A lot of teams have former QBs playing all over the field, and rarely do you see anyone other than the QB throw the ball.
    It's a nice wrinkle to introduce to an unsuspecting opponent though (QB throwback).

First Class FCS Ruler DirtyDukes's Avatar

Quit responding to that JMU assclown. He just trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickels View Post
    and If you respond he cries to Ursus like a little bitch...
    LOL U MAD.

I have never cried to Ursus - ask him yourself. It was your boy MK because he got his little feelings hurt. Sorry I brought actual reason and non biased eyes to your Mediocre at best quarterback. Instead of arguing with facts you call me a troll. Regardless, the fact remains that Briscoe wouldn't be a 3rd string QB in any other league. He's just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDukes View Post
    LOL U MAD.

I have never cried to Ursus - ask him yourself. It was your boy MK because he got his little feelings hurt. Sorry I brought actual reason and non biased eyes to your Mediocre at best quarterback. Instead of arguing with facts you call me a troll. Regardless, the fact remains that Briscoe wouldn't be a 3rd string QB in any other league. He's just bad.
    That is an opinion, the fact remains he won the Payton.

Class of 1994
    Eat’em Up Kats!!!

FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy94 View Post
    That is an opinion, the fact remains he won the Payton.
    Another fact is that assclown's team beat us on the field and won the national championship but still feels it is necessary to troll all things SHSU. Not sure what kind of inferiority complex he has that causes this behavior. Any psychology majors out there?
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

First Class FCS Ruler DirtyDukes's Avatar

Another fact is that assclown's team beat us on the field and won the national championship but still feels it is necessary to troll all things SHSU. Not sure what kind of inferiority complex he has that causes this behavior. Any psychology majors out there?
    That reflects more on SHSU's fans' behavior than it does my own.

You rang?

Seriously, IMHO, Mr Briscoe isn't "garbage" and certainly far removed from any semblance of 2nd or 3rd string play elsewhere. He has the required tools and skillset to arguably be a 1st stringer @ several upon several D-I schools (notice, didn't say FCS either).

We are very fortunate to have him on our campus this fall to allow our young men to compete against the BEST.