Quote Originally Posted by Mocs123 View Post
Hodges's will continue to put up monster numbers in that system. His numbers last year were straight from a Video game.

Barring something crazy happening, he will win 1st team all SoCon honors for sure. No other SoCon QB is put in a situation to put up numbers like that. I imagine Bennifeild would take winning the conference over all SoCon awards.

I agree he isn't a top ten QB in the country based on last year- probably more like top 15-20 - but that's still pretty good and he has room to improve this season.
The only concern I have about Bennefield is the loss of some of his weapons.

A lot of what I saw out of UTC last year put Bennefield in a position to make plays by utilizing the vertical and horizontal rushing attack with Craine and Bagley. I don't know what Arth's system will look like, but I do think Bennefield was as reliant on his offensive personnel as any QB in the league. Most of the other top QBs (Hodges, Hannon, Cobb, Russ, etc.) were sort of one-man bands. Bennefield seemed to heavily rely on his offensive players forcing defenses to defend more space, opening up his running and throwing lanes. It will be interesting to see how he does this season. Really a good looking player.