Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: RMU to the MVFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Original_RMC View Post
    Wait for it...Wait for it...RMU Football has a better chance of landing in the Patriot League than MVFC.
    LMAO....just seeing how quickly individuals will crush RMU on how they will never be good enough for the Patriot league.

If the NEC said "see ya" much like they did Monmouth, RMU would probably go Independent and up their scholarships to 63 in hopes of landing in a larger conference.
    Does the MVFC make sense for RMU Football, not today. They would have to upgrade their their facilities big time and get to 63 scholarships within one year. Then get back to winning and perhaps a conference like MVFC would extend an invite to RMU.
    Likely wouldn't have to upgrade scholarships in one year. Albany took 3 years to get to the 65 scholarship level upon moving to the CAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation View Post

I can respect ST_Lawson's answer because he actually has a rationale. This one, though...
    Wow got me on spelling, what a zinger. This idea is so incredibly stupi it doesn't even deserve a post with rationale responding to it. Your only shred of anything even resembling any reason for the MVFC to even mention the name of RMU is because of the farthest outlier of a school that hypothetically might end up in the same conference. The only reason for adding the schools to the league right now is to keep either the Summit or the MVC schools happy. YSU and the Horizon have next to zero power in the room to try to push for a school being added. Give me a reason for any school in the MVFC west of Indiana to want to add RMU. Even if YSU threatens to leave the conference they just let them walk because of how unbalanced the conference already is with UND coming in, plus it would make the entire conference Summit and MVC schools.

I feel like it's fortunate for you that nobody has put a scratch and sniff sticker at the bottom of a pool you were in.
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Wow got me on spelling, what a zinger. This idea is so incredibly stupi it doesn't even deserve a post with rationale responding to it. Your only shred of anything even resembling any reason for the MVFC to even mention the name of RMU is because of the farthest outlier of a school that hypothetically might end up in the same conference. The only reason for adding the schools to the league right now is to keep either the Summit or the MVC schools happy. YSU and the Horizon have next to zero power in the room to try to push for a school being added. Give me a reason for any school in the MVFC west of Indiana to want to add RMU. Even if YSU threatens to leave the conference they just let them walk because of how unbalanced the conference already is with UND coming in, plus it would make the entire conference Summit and MVC schools.

I feel like it's fortunate for you that nobody has put a scratch and sniff sticker at the bottom of a pool you were in.
    The TLDR version:

Wow.

Pride of the Western Plain

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

So that means it's going to happen in time for the 2019 season, then, or the 2020 season?
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

You wish

Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    Monmouth to the CAA. You heard it here first. We have to lock up that New Jersey market.

JMU and UR simply don't have enough Jersey students and Monmouth will be the deal maker.
    They don't have the stadium size requirement (8k). Even if they did a team would have to leave.

2016 CAA Pick'em Champ!

UNH 14'

Quote Originally Posted by UNHWildcat18 View Post
    They don't have the stadium size requirement (8k). Even if they did a team would have to leave.

Agreed.

AGS FCS Champion

RMU to the Valley?