Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Bucketlist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Alabama State

FCS Bucketlist

What are some venues, rivalry games, or campuses in FCS that are on your must see list?

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    MSU-Mankato Mavericks

Re: FCS Bucketlist

I'd like to see games at Montana and Montana State. I like that mountain setting. Probably Harvard-Yale just for the history of it. Some nostalgia for Delaware because of the Wing T book I read by Dave Nelson and that it was carried on by Tubby Raymond. Oh, Northern Colorado because it was the only NCC school that I didn't see a game.

I've already been to games at UND, NDSU, UNI, USD, & SDSU. And UNO but they dropped football.
    Buffalo Lake Laker
    Ridgewater Warrior
    MNState Maverick

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

I'd love to see Montana - Montana State also, in Missoula. Preferable with clear, non smokey air. I'd like to see a game at Citadel. Maybe Harvard-Yale at each place, although I hesitate to call them FCS teams since they don't participate in the "CS" part of FCS. I'd like to see Maine-New Hampshire, preferably in Maine since I used to live there. Idaho-Idaho State, don't care where, both domes are similar. I'd like to see San Diego - Cal Poly, don't care where, both places are nice. William & Mary - Richmond, preferably in Williamsburg because of the history.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    I'd like to see games at Montana and Montana State. I like that mountain setting. Probably Harvard-Yale just for the history of it. Some nostalgia for Delaware because of the Wing T book I read by Dave Nelson and that it was carried on by Tubby Raymond. Oh, Northern Colorado because it was the only NCC school that I didn't see a game.

I've already been to games at UND, NDSU, UNI, USD, & SDSU. And UNO but they dropped football.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    I'd love to see Montana - Montana State also, in Missoula. Preferable with clear, non smokey air. I'd like to see a game at Citadel. Maybe Harvard-Yale at each place, although I hesitate to call them FCS teams since they don't participate in the "CS" part of FCS. I'd like to see Maine-New Hampshire, preferably in Maine since I used to live there. Idaho-Idaho State, don't care where, both domes are similar. I'd like to see San Diego - Cal Poly, don't care where, both places are nice. William & Mary - Richmond, preferably in Williamsburg because of the history.
    Either place is very scenic. And the fans for both schools are super.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My Team
    Montana

Its never smokey for the Brawl of the Wild in November....the smokey crap are always the september games during forest fire season.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America
    My Team
    The Citadel

The Citadel vs VMI
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

AGS FCS Expert
    My Team
    VMI

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    The Citadel vs VMI

I've seen one game at The General.....1993, Dogs won 34-33, but a Rat HB named Tommy Haskins had a breakout (no pun there) game: 242 yards, 3 TDs....atmosphere was great...
    1-AA is tops!!

My Team
    GO BUCS

Quote Originally Posted by citdog View Post
    The Citadel vs VMI
    I have to recommend this one. I know I give Citadel crap when we play them. But I gotta say, a big Citadel home game is hard to beat in FCS. Its walking distance to the southern end of the Charleston peninsula which is one of the most incredible cities in America. The women and food are just unmatched anywhere outside of NYC or Miami.

And their stadium is beautiful for an FCS one. Great tailgating. Very polite people. Cool atmosphere with the cannons and military stuff. If you want to catch a game then restaurant/bar hop to watch other games on TV, eat world class food, see the most beautiful women (and insane ratio!!! Like 3 to 1 gal/guy) and then head to the world class Kiawah Island beach or Isle of Palms beach the next day....Citadel is the place to go. Hell all the above is why CSU recruits so well with a dump stadium. Theres nothing like being a college kid in Charleston!!!
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

My Team
    Furman & Mercer

Montana State @ Montana
    Harvard @ Yale
    Clemson @ Furman
    Georgia @ Mercer

...that's all
    NCAA DIVISION I MANUAL

20.10.1 Commitments to the Division I Collegiate Model
    Bylaws proposed and enacted by member institutions governing the conduct of intercollegiate athletics shall be designed to foster competition in amateur athletics

20.10.1.2 The Commitment to Amateurism
    Member institutions shall conduct their athletics programs…maintaining a line of demarcation between student-athletes who participate in the Collegiate Model and athletes competing in the professional model

First Class FCS Ruler GodHelpTheBears's Avatar
    My Team
    Missouri State

I'd like to see Missouri State beat Northern Iowa. It doesn't have to be in person, I'd just like to see it happen.

I'm not optimistic it ever will happen, but...
    The only untenable situation is the one you are in right now. Support the dissolution of football at Missouri State University.