Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
If they want to break away, let them, more power to them. I see more talent in that mid-range level since athletes want to play and why would someone want to be 3rd string at a mediocre school like Minnesota when they can start at a G5/Top 10 FCS school? The scholarships will be nice but more people will go to the 2nd level of athletics who are borderline to ensure playing time and scouts noticing them.
I can see your point, but you need to remember that these kids coming out of high school all think they are the best and will someday start. I mean, you have high level players willing to take a grey shirt to Alabama when they could easily be getting a full ride at another P5 school. Why? Because they truly believe they will get that scholarship. I can see the P5 hording talent and burying talented players 3 deep, it was once that way and will happen again if scholarship limits are raised. Plus, there are also those players who are talented, but realistic, and see that being a backup or third stringer on full ride is a good way to a free education from a Big Ten, ACC, or PAC 12 school. Those are players that would make a difference at the FCS level but are ones we will miss out on.