Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Master

Re: Football Season Tickets at Your School? How does it work....

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    Holy crap, really?!? Western should do that. It's not like we ever sell out anyway. Our students get in free, but not the employees (which I am one of).

Our season ticket situation is essentially...anyone can buy season tickets. For this season (only 4 home games) it's $65 for general public buying a reserved seat: http://goleathernecks.com/sports/201...620144851.aspx
    Faculty/Staff and Youth/Seniors are a bit cheaper, and the General Admission seats are also cheaper too.

For me, it's actually better financially to just buy tickets at the gate, since it would cost me $45 for season tickets (as a staff member), but I get into Homecoming for free (as a member of the Homecoming Alumni Band), and the total of the remaining three games' tickets would be $35. With tickets being that cheap though, I can afford to swing going to Illinois State and Northern Iowa for a couple of our away games, at least.
    That right there would be reason to stop supporting the University, not the team. I know they are technically one in the same, but if NDSU ever did that in its current state, there would be riots and some nasty letters sent to Larsen. I know certain schools, especially Illinois schools, need all the dollars they can get through money games, but 4 home games is unacceptable.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingpin28 View Post
    That right there would be reason to stop supporting the University, not the team. I know they are technically one in the same, but if NDSU ever did that in its current state, there would be riots and some nasty letters sent to Larsen. I know certain schools, especially Illinois schools, need all the dollars they can get through money games, but 4 home games is unacceptable.
    We tried. Coastal was supposed to be here in Macomb, but when they went FBS it was either scrap the game or renegotiate. We needed the money they'd pay us, so it was moved to their place. Also at one point we had Saint Xavier (NAIA Chicago area) on our schedule for home, but felt it was more important to go with an all-DI schedule so we worked out the deal with TTU. Unfortunately to make that work it had to be at their place this year.

So, an odd confluence of events kinda screwed us this year. We usually have 5 home games in a regular year or 6 in a 12-game year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    We tried. Coastal was supposed to be here in Macomb, but when they went FBS it was either scrap the game or renegotiate. We needed the money they'd pay us, so it was moved to their place. Also at one point we had Saint Xavier (NAIA Chicago area) on our schedule for home, but felt it was more important to go with an all-DI schedule so we worked out the deal with TTU. Unfortunately to make that work it had to be at their place this year.

So, an odd confluence of events kinda screwed us this year. We usually have 5 home games in a regular year or 6 in a 12-game year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah we had that for Montana State game, but still 4 games, that is still a hard pill to swallow. I get wanting to have an all D1 schedule, but making the playoffs with 7 games on the road is going to be extremely difficult.
    TheKingpin28 is "Nothing but an emotional fair weather fan." - Bisonwinagn

We have a five game home schedule this year but only 4 scheduled so far for 2018. We only have 10 games on our overall schedule though so it is still possible we will pick up a 5th home game. Our problem is most FCS OOC schools want a two game, home-away series and we already have 11 games scheduled in 2019.

But 4 home games sucks. I hope we can work something out for 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Catatonic View Post
    Do you know policies re: faculty/staff tickets?

Faculty/staff and student tickets are free (general admission) and are only available the week of a game.

Class of 1994
    Eat’em Up Kats!!!

AGS FCS Champion

UCA's seats are based on this: (Of course you can buy single game tickets for around $15 each general admission)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous
    Artist formerly known as: UCABEAR

We do something similar, Bear. Except we are not as free with benefits as UCA. We just started our Wildcat Club last year. There are 842 members. About 250 members gave 1,000 or more, with 39 in the top tier

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Catatonic View Post
    We do something similar, Bear. Except we are not as free with benefits as UCA. We just started our Wildcat Club last year. There are 842 members. About 250 members gave 1,000 or more, with 39 in the top tier
    I love those different benefits ACU gives to donors. Wish we had them.
    Here's a breakdown of # of people/companies at each level for us. Wish it were bigger.

Trustees Circle: $10k or more- 8
    President's Circle: $5k to $10k- 7
    Directors Circle: $2.5k to 4.999k- 27
    Coaches Circle: $1k to $2.499k- 105
    Big Bear: $500 to $999- 87
    Purple Bear: $300 to $499- 31
    Gray Bear: $100 to $299- 50

Don't you think our Athletic Department could spend a few more hours hitting the donations for the lower levels? Seriously this shows me they don't hunt down those dollars. It's a shame.
    A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking because its trust in not in the branch, but in its own wings. ~Anonymous
    Artist formerly known as: UCABEAR

Duke Club Donor Levels:
    http://jmudukeclub.com/documents/201...inal.png?id=33

Giving levels range from $50-$31,000+

Seating Chart:
    http://jmusports.com/images/2017/1/1...ingMap2017.jpg

Season Tickets priced from as cheap as $100 a seat (if you get a Family 4 pack for $400), or as expensive as $750 a seat for the club level (2 season agreement required). All Priority, Chairback, Club or Suite tickets require a minimum duke club giving level each. Public and General Admission seats do not require a donation.

http://www.jmusports.com/sports/2014...x?path=tickets

We also have suites but i'm not easily finding pricing. That's one of those "call and we'll tell you" kind of deals.

Essentially, our fans say we're paying G5 prices for an FCS level product. We are.

Fordham has 5 home gams this season including a game versus Eastern WA. There are 3 levels of pricing. I have the more expensive seats with backs & armrests. Two season tickets plus a parking pass for the tailgate lot came to $300. Quite inexpensive to say the least. Students may get in free or for a nominal charge. There are no "donations" required. The stadium seats @ 7,300 with some additional seats erected for homecoming and perhaps Eastern WA. Quite a bargain. Last year we played Holy Cross at Yankee Stadium. $85 for a good seat.