Does anyone have a running pep rally, concert, food truck event, or downtown gathering of some kind on Friday nights before home football games in their team's hometown?

I am an urban planner in an FCS college town in the Midwest and am toying with the idea of starting something like this in the town I work/live in (Not Bloomington/Normal, though the Redbirds are my number 1 team). We would probably start off with one event, maybe before the first home game of the year, and see how it goes and if we could afford to put on more events. I would be curious to see if anyone has some kind of town and gown collaborated event that takes place the night before home games (typically Fridays for all of us) and if they have any feedback on those kind of events.

The town I work for has a pretty decent football following for FCS, averaging attendance somewhere in the 7K-15K range most games, with maybe 2K-5K additional tailgaters each game, so I think something like I am envisioning could be a success if it's done right. I already know certain segments of my community will oppose this due to conflicts with local H.S. football schedules on Fridays.

Any insight would be appreciated.