Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Savannah State going back to Division II

I'm in the minority who believes going FBS is going to pay off for Liberty. I think they'll be able to play lower level P5 teams in Lynchburg while also finding a way to schedule Home/Home with the service academies and probably 3/1 deals with BYU & ND. They'll also be in play for Home and Home with G5 members in the Sun Belt, MAC, AAC and CUSA. Liberty will find a way to get decent recruits and I believe they already had plans for a renovation of their stadium to get it up to 30 and 40k with expansion up to 60k (doubt they'll ever get that big enough to warrant 60k seats). Ideally they'll probably hope to win 6-7 games annually once they're fully a FBS member to get their application approved for either CUSA or the AAC. Cincy, UConn, Houston and Memphis are always mentioned as teams considered by the Big 12 and ACC for expansion and when that happens Liberty will be in position to apply for their spots in the AAC along with ODU, Marshall, MTSU and UAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony215 View Post
    I'm in the minority who believes going FBS is going to pay off for Liberty. I think they'll be able to play lower level P5 teams in Lynchburg while also finding a way to schedule Home/Home with the service academies and probably 3/1 deals with BYU & ND. They'll also be in play for Home and Home with G5 members in the Sun Belt, MAC, AAC and CUSA. Liberty will find a way to get decent recruits and I believe they already had plans for a renovation of their stadium to get it up to 30 and 40k with expansion up to 60k (doubt they'll ever get that big enough to warrant 60k seats). Ideally they'll probably hope to win 6-7 games annually once they're fully a FBS member to get their application approved for either CUSA or the AAC. Cincy, UConn, Houston and Memphis are always mentioned as teams considered by the Big 12 and ACC for expansion and when that happens Liberty will be in position to apply for their spots in the AAC along with ODU, Marshall, MTSU and UAB.
    They are NEVER getting HOME games vs. ND. Maybe they get BYU in a 2 or 3 for 1 deal.

Maybe they can get Army, but I doubt that Navy or Air Force will play in Lynchburg, when they can play at other places in the area, such as ODU, UVA, VT, UNC-Charlotte, or any ACC or SEC school.

NEC Football Champions

2004 - 2005 - 2009 - 2010

Quote Originally Posted by aceinthehole View Post
    They are NEVER getting HOME games vs. ND. Maybe they get BYU in a 2 or 3 for 1 deal.

Maybe they can get Army, but I doubt that Navy or Air Force will play in Lynchburg, when they can play at other places in the area, such as ODU, UVA, VT, UNC-Charlotte, or any ACC or SEC school.
    Air Force & Navy could see them as a easy win for being bowl eligible. Navy has traveled to UMASS a sorry FBS program playing in a empty stadium why not go to Lynchburg lol.

It is hard for any independent besides Notre Dame to fill a schedule where you can still get enough home games. Liberty won't have a lot of those against top opponents.
    Buffalo Lake Laker
    Ridgewater Warrior
    MNState Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by SENOREIDA View Post
    Did we just become friends?

Pretty spot on
    YEP! (Name the movie)

Coastal will do fine. Good state for recruiting. Great town to go to college in. Yall have some banners and rings from the past decade to show off. I can see CCU eventually competing to take East Carolina/Wake Forest caliber recruits. Maybe even steal a few 3* types who may pick Myrtle Beach over a career as a USC/Clemson backup.

But in the end...yall still lost your last 2 to us! There goes the friendship dang it!
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

Notre Dame will NOT play @Lynchburg. Go ahead and chisel that one in stone.

Air Force & Navy could see them as a easy win for being bowl eligible. Navy has traveled to UMASS a sorry FBS program playing in a empty stadium why not go to Lynchburg lol.
    They played @UMass because its in Boston. Could do a whole thread on why...but thats why.

So who will Liberty get home and home with? Well App State. ASU sees them as a win and they want to recruit the VA area more. They might get one with one of the less prestigious religious schools in Texas like TCU or SMU (prestigious compared to BYU or ND).

They have the old Baylor AD so he has a few personal ties to that area and conference. So maybe like Kansas for a 3/1 or something.

They'll try to recruit kids who cant make the cut at Va Tech/UVA and other regional FBS. But so will App State and WKU. Marshall. Their big beautiful stadium is now subpar so I dont know what the draw will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucs2016 View Post
    So who will Liberty get home and home with? Well App State. ASU sees them as a win and they want to recruit the VA area more. They might get one with one of the less prestigious religious schools in Texas like TCU or SMU (prestigious compared to BYU or ND).

They have the old Baylor AD so he has a few personal ties to that area and conference. So maybe like Kansas for a 3/1 or something.

They'll try to recruit kids who cant make the cut at Va Tech/UVA and other regional FBS. But so will App State and WKU. Marshall. Their big beautiful stadium is now subpar so I dont know what the draw will be.
    Which begs the question what was their "draw" as a member of the Big South? No offense, but the Big South was and is a mediocre FCS conference at best, and I don't recall Liberty dominating Big South football. Liberty's move is purely ego-driven. They intimidated the NCAA into whatever waiver the NCAA wisely granted them. They are moving to FBS because that's where they want to be. Their only realistic need for the Big South is as a home for their other sports. That's reality. Embrace it!

Doubt that....At best, maybe North Texas, UTSA or UTEP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucs2016 View Post