Wow. No one has posted a thread on this issue yet in recent memory, which is to be voted on at the Division I Council Meeting this week in Indianapolis. The issue is co-sponsored by the OVC and the Southland Conferences, however, it does not affect the 2017 season.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...92951867157904

If approved, the 12 game schedule will only take effect on years in which there are 13 weekends between Labor Day weekend and the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. Although the 12th game is optional, if the option is approved, the start of the FCS regular season would become the weekend prior to Labor Day weekend, which is usually the start week in NAIA schools.

Okay, some questions and opinions from me:
1. Will the Ivies take action towards adding more games to comply or are they still standing pat, possibly going all the way down to a NESCAC-style schedule?
2. Can the remaining FCS schools have an easier time finding countable opponents that are FBS, FCS, D-II or NAIA?
3. I have a gut feeling that the schools will have a "race to the first to schedule an opponent" competition, in which the losers are the ones usually finding lower-quality competition.