Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROOT Sports Releases 2017 Big Sky TV Schedule

My Team
    Montana

ROOT Sports Releases 2017 Big Sky TV Schedule

Root Sports has released the 2017 TV Lineup, and it's glorious (heavy Montana(s)).

Total Home Games Attended: 69
    Total Road Games Attended: 6

My Team
    Montana

Re: ROOT Sports Releases 2017 Big Sky TV Schedule

Its crazy...its almost as if ROOT sports prefers to show games with a big full stadium.....weird

Dam - UND has a game on Root - a game that will be impossible to find in the Midwest.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SDFS View Post
    Dam - UND has a game on Root - a game that will be impossible to find in the Midwest.
    No ****. I'm pissed I have to go to a bar to watch the Montana game now. The funny thing is our games can't be on Fox College Sports, now, because the Montana's
    Big Sky has a contract with a regional network.

I figured Cal Poly would be shut out this year since they do not have UM, MSU or EWU on the schedule.

I have to say that I am happy that no Cal Poly home games on Root. With two girls in sports my fall Saturday days are usually spent at a soccer field and the Root games are usually mid day. I do like it when Root televises Cal Poly road games.

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    No ****. I'm pissed I have to go to a bar to watch the Montana game now. The funny thing is our games can't be on Fox College Sports, now, because the Montana's
    Big Sky has a contract with a regional network.
    Why can NAU games be on Fox Sports Arizona?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
    Why can NAU games be on Fox Sports Arizona?
    I think that FS-Arizona is regional. I don't think UND can put conference home games on Fox Sports Atlantic, Central or Pacific. UND used to put all homes games on those channels. I don't think they can do that now. I think Midco might be limiting that also because they are completing a build out the Fargo market. The part of the ROOT contract that I don't like is that you can not see the ROOT weekly game on line. If you are out of market like Poly/Davis and UND you can not watch the games easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SDFS View Post
    I think that FS-Arizona is regional. I don't think UND can put conference home games on Fox Sports Atlantic, Central or Pacific. UND used to put all homes games on those channels. I don't think they can do that now. I think Midco might be limiting that also because they are completing a build out the Fargo market. The part of the ROOT contract that I don't like is that you can not see the ROOT weekly game on line. If you are out of market like Poly/Davis and UND you can not watch the games easily.
    So, not being able to be on fox sports has more to do with the Midco deal than it does with ROOT?

So, not being able to be on fox sports has more to do with the Midco deal than it does with ROOT?
    I believe that it stopped because of the ROOT contract. If ROOT would allow Football on Fox Sports, Midco may or may not because they leverage UND hockey for the NW Min I-94 acquisitions and Fargo build out. In addition, I believe that Midco signed NDSU basketball this year to help with the Fargo build out.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily. It has an impact, but UND still airs some hockey games on FCS, for instance (they used to air all of them). UND also still airs all of it's home non conference games on FCS. In 2013, UND had 3 non conf home games, and they were all on FCS. USD this year, and Drake the year before were on FCS Pacific. This is all while zero conference games have actually been televised on FCS.

NAU has their home non conf games on FCS, but none of their conference games are.

The Big Sky bends over backwards for the Montana Root deal, while NAU has pretty much the same thing with Fox Sports Arizona, and Fox Sports Arizona actually shows basketball and volleyball sometimes.