Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 LIVESTRONG (FPC) Challenge

AGS FCS Champion FormerPokeCenter's Avatar
    My Team
    McNeese State

Re: 2017 LIVESTRONG (FPC) Challenge

Okay, so...we're closing in on the halfway point toward this year's fundraising goal.

We're $48.00 away from hitting $4K...

It's a prettty big milestone in 24HOB fundraising. It'll put us in the Gold Jersey level for the 7th consecutive year. It also has us at $58,518.00 in total funds raised since 2010.

I'll have to go through and do some smooth ciphirin, but I think AGS is somewhere between $15-$18,000 of that total. I'll try to run the numbers on that pretty soon....

So, we're $48 away from $4K on the year and less than $1500 away from $60K total.

Who wants the kill shot on $4K???

https://events.24foundation.org/fundraise?fcid=889656

I'm no better than you...probably
    My Team
    Montana

I just went to do it FPC and it appears that a year later they still don't have paypal set up? Am I just missing it or is ths still the case?
    http://www.anygivensaturday.com/signaturepics/sigpic2954_4.gif
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."
    Erk Russell - Georgia Southern

My Team
    McNeese State

Still the case....I've tried explaining the benefits on a number of occasions....apparently the went to a new web provider who handles payment for a variety of non-profits...

This is a good opportunity for me to call and re-iterate that Paypal is a much needed enhancement....

AGS FCS Champion
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Killshot away... But I thought you doubled the goal to $8K?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    Okay, so...we're closing in on the halfway point toward this year's fundraising goal.

We're $48.00 away from hitting $4K...

It's a prettty big milestone in 24HOB fundraising. It'll put us in the Gold Jersey level for the 7th consecutive year. It also has us at $58,518.00 in total funds raised since 2010.

I'll have to go through and do some smooth ciphirin, but I think AGS is somewhere between $15-$18,000 of that total. I'll try to run the numbers on that pretty soon....

So, we're $48 away from $4K on the year and less than $1500 away from $60K total.

Who wants the kill shot on $4K???

My Team
    McNeese State

I did...the $4K is the highest fundraising level that Booty recognizes....and cresting that gets us halfway to the $8K goal...

And thank you for getting us over the hump! That's awesome...

You rock!

My Team
    McNeese State

Okay...so....now we're getting into the thick of the 24HOB fundraising season.....just two months away from the ride....so...it's tie for me to kick it into gear a little more.

So...to everybody who's donated so far, thanks! You guys rock.

For everybody else, there's still time to get invoved!

My Team
    McNeese State

So..this year, I'm riding with a group of cyclists from Charlotte called the Crank Mafia....they advertise themselves as a social club with a biking problem. A lot of these folks are bike commuters in and and around Charlotte. They've been doing the 24 HOB for four or five years now, and I rode with them two years ago as part The Good Riders.

It's a great group of folks and features cancer survivors and fundraisers. Some of them are both.

Here's a pic of my friend Claire "Pip" Cullipher who's a kick ass cyclist and who underwent surgery to remove a brain tumor last year...through her freakin nose!

Here's a better pic of Pip, workin her day job as a model.

Don't get too excited...she's a bad ass in her own right and married to an Army Ranger...

This year, though, we're gonna take a little bit of a different approach....for you Blazing Saddles fans, we're gonna do it for Randolph Scott, who was from Charlotte and his nephew's an integral part of our team.

Here's a video of how we came to "do it for Randolph Scott"....

https://youtu.be/mJ8bHHX-rx8

Yamo, Randolph Scott's nephew is pretty outrageous when it comes to wearing stuff to raise money and here's his take on a "topless car wash" that raised about $2K...

I included Pip's photos to make up for this one...Hope it helps!

Here's antoher pic from a couple of years ago...he and another integral part of the team, Scooter Abrams rode in full KISS Regalia. Pretty awesome stuff.

My point of all this is that historically, we've done challenges where specific fundraising goals require specific peformance from me.

I've already gotta ride in BisonTru's damn "I'm with Her Shirt" for a portion of the ride...

I'm open to suggestions for this year....

My Team
    Montana

Hey FPC, hate to bug you again but any news on PayPal?
    "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.......That costs money and we don't have any."

My Team
    McNeese State

No worries and you're not bugging me! I've asked them a couple of times, and they were supposed to be checking on it...

Let me go rattle the cage again!

My Team
    Montana

Quote Originally Posted by ursus arctos horribilis View Post
    Last year ended up not working out as we had hoped on this deal. Life got in the way a bit and that happens. This year I think FPC will have a great year and maybe we can really mess with him a bit in the course of it all.

I have not been around here much lately and I almost never share personal crap on here basically cuz I like to keep my stuff to myself. This relates here though and I've mentioned in the past so I will fill in some cryptic spaces with some heartbreaking truths me and my family are in the middle of right now. My dad was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer and supposed to live 8 months almost exactly 3 yrs. ago. He is a tough SOB and he has made it 36 months but his time is now very short. I am in my hometown and have left the normal digs of Missoula to be with him and my mom for a bit as he is running out of time very quickly now.

I have so many friends here and a lot of you will probably want to reach out to me and send a personal note etc. I appreciate it, I do, but I'd rather have a small donation in my dad's honor if you would be donating to this anyway.

My dad hates it when family uses his name on Social Media etc. cuz he is old school and doesn't like the invasion of privacy aspect so the name I figure that could be used is his old CB handle since back in the day CB was basically a verbal message board and the handle was an avatar/username of sorts.

If you want to put it his honor plese use the name "Starfire Kid" and I'll know what it is all about.

I know I'm all over the place here but I wanted to start a thread for FPC and the challenge and add a personal note that touches on what so many have had to go through in their lives. I don't want this thread to be a "sorry to hear" thing though. Please help FPC if you can and I will be checking in once in a while with the stuff going on around the board but won't be on tap around here a whole lot for a while I don't think. I am sorry to be such a downer guys and gals but really there isn't anything overly uplifting about cancer other than seeing communities of people like you & me get together and try and fight this ****ing POS disease so help if you can and feel so inclined.

Be decent to each other.

F
    U
    Cancer
    K
    Somehow my dad who was supposed to have days to live a couple of months ago has continued on and somehow gotten stronger. He's not on Chemo anymore and has not been for a couple months plus. At the time I wrote the original post he was in the hospital for 2 months and has now been home for the last couple of months and somehow his blood work is good and his tumor has not grown.

I don't know how it is happening but he's doing well (considering of course) and his one real bad lung has even gotten a little bit better his Dr. said.

I know damn well it will still end badly but can't believe he was given an outside shot at 10 days to 2 weeks and was told to contact hospice and instead he's driving my mom around and just doing some light things around the house and watching TV. Just thankful, astonished, and hoping a miracle has time to surface.

Just wanted to let you guys know since I put this out on here a couple months back and have never updated.