Quote Originally Posted by walliver View Post
I don't know how popular this network really was. Our local affiliate in Asheville would primarily show WCU games and D2 SAC games, forgetting that Wofford and Furman are also in their market (and both are more popular than the Brevard College Tornadoes). The technical quality of the WCU games was horrible and looked just like their ESPN3 games with the video bouncing all over the place as if they had hung-over students hand-holding the cameras and almost always missed the snap while the cameras were focused on something else.
Yes the production quality of ASN broadcasts, and even some of their commentators, left much to be desired. However, I looked at it this way. It's better than nothing.

If you look at any given FCS school produced streaming feed that you have to subscribe to a month's subscription of $10 to watch one game, even those have horrendous quality and some very amateur student providing commentary.

I remember watching a Stony Brook online feed back in 2014 and missed a critical fumble in favor of the dukes because the camera was still focusing on the friggin crowd. By the time they switched back, the play was over, no replay and we just had to listen to it described by the commentator.