Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Would SoCon Actually Consider Belmont?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocky View Post
    Can we take up funds to help pay for the moving van? Rather have all members play football.
    Can they take SIUE and Morehead with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud Member of the AGS Wine and Cheese Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    JSU has a very good overall athletic program. I, for one, would like to see 'yall in the SoCon, now that you don't have Crowe, but I may be in the minority. Congrats on making the Dance.
    I didn't understand why we didn't try to get them years ago. I am like others now though, since I believe there have been rumblings about making the jump in football.
    Ah Horse Feathers!

I don't know what they have to say, It makes no difference anyway, Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    No matter what it is or who commenced it, I'm against it!
    Your proposition may be good, But let's have one thing understood: Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    And even when you've changed it or condensed it, I'm against it!

There is another factor when considering JSU. In the old days of Gulf South D-2 football, Troy and JSU were the small scale war of Bama vs Auburn. This was one FIERCE rivalry, which had few equals outside of D-1. Even their bands tried to outdo one another for about 30 minutes after their games. I know for a fact that there are some old heads JSU folks that will never be happy thinking that the Trojans have one-upped them. It is actually a shame that the game isn't still played, though I don't know if it will ever happen again. My understanding is that JSU would be happy to play them even now, but Troy would be in a no-win situation, so they won't agree.

I don't mind basketball-only schools. Unlike several years ago, the SoCon is a better basketball conference top to bottom.

Besides, there's a great deal of money to be made. I am just guessing, but I imagine Davidson's run through the NCAA tournament probably made more money for the SoCon institutions than all of App State's national titles in football combined.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

I do mind those schools that don't play football joining, but PF you are exactly right. That Davidson run was an unmatched money milk cow that the SoCon schools enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    I do mind those schools that don't play football joining, but PF you are exactly right. That Davidson run was an unmatched money milk cow that the SoCon schools enjoyed.
    Probably not as big a payday as when the 5 malcontents paid their good riddance fees 3 years ago.