Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In Hell preparing rooms for OVC officials.

Re: Would SoCon Actually Consider Belmont?

Quote Originally Posted by SU DOG View Post
    The article doesn't make much sense to me. IMO, Belmont needs to learn how to beat JSU in basketball before worrying about a conference jump. I am personally against any conference addition that does not play football. Anyhow, here is the Chatty newspaper article:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/s...ns-one/416549/
    Maybe the SoCon Should be considering us over Belmont. Since we're obviously superior in everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

Belmont, CoC, and UNC-W are not interested in the SoCon, so it's a waste of typing to even discuss it.

Even if they were interested, there's enough current schools that want nothing to do with "non-football playing schools" to block it. I also don't think the publics would vote to admit another private at this time.

I honestly think Jacksonville State would be a big consideration of the SoCon if the conference felt that JSU was satisfied and happy being in FCS. They probably believe they'll look to make the FBS jump in the next few years so in that instance I see why they may have legit interest in adding Belmont.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony215 View Post
    I honestly think Jacksonville State would be a big consideration of the SoCon if the conference felt that JSU was satisfied and happy being in FCS. They probably believe they'll look to make the FBS jump in the next few years so in that instance I see why they may have legit interest in adding Belmont.
    No way we're jumping to FBS anytime soon.
    Grass is a disaster. He has 2 senior RBs and he brought in an auburn reject to be his starter. It's sad how in shambles your roster is right now. And it happened so quickly. Pathetic. I guess you should expect it from a career high school coach. Who btw, underachieved in high school. What a loser.

I am not aware of any interest in non-basketball schools. The conference made no effort of which I am aware to replace Davidson or CofC. CofC added nothing to the conference outside of baseball when they were here, so I see no reason to bring them back. I also don't see us adding another football school unless someone leaves. For twenty years, the conference has kept membership at 9 except for two years while waiting for Samford to fulfill its OVC obligations. 9 teams means everyone gets 4 home games and everybody plays everybody else.

If UNCG leaves, they may or may not be replaced. There is a lot of sentiment for football schools only, but the BB coaches and ADs like an even number of teams with 9 guaranteed home games every year. Divisions were not popular, so a BB school joining without UNCG leaving is extremely unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    Maybe the SoCon Should be considering us over Belmont. Since we're obviously superior in everything.
    JSU has a very good overall athletic program. I, for one, would like to see 'yall in the SoCon, now that you don't have Crowe, but I may be in the minority. Congrats on making the Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner View Post
    I was about to ask that. Is there anything they are good at other than basketball?
    Women's basketball, I guess. Have a sweet baseball stadium on a hill overlooking downtown Nashville. But, they rather seamlessly moved from a NAIA power to consistent post-season participants: Rick Byrd. Helluva guy, helluva golfer, too.
    Belmont produces a lot of music talent and good music producers, if that counts...
    2 0 1 1 Ohio Valley Conference CHAMPIONS!

Yes, people in the country music industry have poured a lot of money into Belmont. Up and coming school...but isn't this a football board?

Master FCS Advocate GodHelpTheBears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    You don't know **** about CBB if that's your take on Belmont

The MVC should be banging Belmonts door down
    Why did our conference choose Loyola over Belmont again?
    A university is defined by its community.

Quote Originally Posted by TTUEagles View Post
    Women's basketball, I guess. Have a sweet baseball stadium on a hill overlooking downtown Nashville. But, they rather seamlessly moved from a NAIA power to consistent post-season participants: Rick Byrd. Helluva guy, helluva golfer, too.
    Belmont produces a lot of music talent and good music producers, if that counts...

Randy Owens > Brad Paisley