Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    AGS FCS Champion Bogus Megapardus's Avatar

Re: Georgetown: New Football Facility In 2018

The new and improved visitor's stands (made just for you, Ivy fans)!

Quote Originally Posted by PAllen View Post
    Don't they play above the gym on that new(ish) field that they openned with great fanfare a few years ago?
    "Structural problems have plagued Kehoe Field since its construction in 1942 and then reconstruction on the roof of Yates Field House in 1979. The field was first repaired in 1987 at a cost of $1.8 million before being repaired again in 2002 for $7 million. The problems with the field stem from the concrete roof, which does not properly drain rainwater. Over time, the lightweight concrete roof deteriorated from pooling water, leading to unsafe field conditions. Prior to the field’s closing, club athletes had complained about uneven playing surfaces, exposed concrete and large sections of torn-up artificial turf."

http://www.thehoya.com/university-id...f-kehoe-field/
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

I'm satisfied that this proposal amounts to Georgetown giving a stiff middle finger to the "great unwashed" of the rest of the Patriot League. It confirms in no uncertain terms how they at 37th and O look at us.

It looks like there will be a brick or masonry wall behind the dirt/construction debris mound on which the Hoyas will require visitors and their families to sit. I think appropriate for PL game days would be a 40 foot long banner stretched along that wall, for all to see, returning the gesture in the very spirit in which it is given.

I'll get to work on some mock-ups.

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

It still makes me laugh that the JESUITS say THEIR college has money problems. That is RICH!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by DFW HOYA View Post
    "Structural problems have plagued Kehoe Field since its construction in 1942 and then reconstruction on the roof of Yates Field House in 1979. The field was first repaired in 1987 at a cost of $1.8 million before being repaired again in 2002 for $7 million. The problems with the field stem from the concrete roof, which does not properly drain rainwater. Over time, the lightweight concrete roof deteriorated from pooling water, leading to unsafe field conditions. Prior to the field’s closing, club athletes had complained about uneven playing surfaces, exposed concrete and large sections of torn-up artificial turf."

Just to clarify, what you said about Kehoe Field applies equally to Shaw Field?

Or did I miss a step here?

Sorry, I meant on the hill just north of Kehoe. Looked it up: Shaw Field. It had a major renovation in 2012.

Georgetown has put a date on the never ending "Phase 2" of the Multi-Sport Facility project with an expansion in capacity from 2,400 to to 4,750 by the 2018 season.
    From D.C. Zoning Administrator Matthew Le Grant's December 16, 2016 letter:

"[T]he facility will provide approximately 3,000 bleacher seats on the west side of the field and approximately 1,000 - 1,500 lawn seats, which is within the total amount of seating previously approved by the Commission."

Unless I'm mistaken, then, the actual seating will expand from 2,400 to only 3,000, not 4,740. That's $83,333.33 per additional seat. I'll bet even military contractor lawn chairs cost less.

Quote Originally Posted by F'N Hawks View Post
    I was gonna say, new stands on home side and some trees. Took down the old stands. Planted grass and put up a fence.
    Looks more like tearing down the old away bleachers to extend the turf to accommodate two rec fields ala Hopkins, building a brick facade around what is already on the home side, and planting some trees. .

Someone needs to show "The Commission" photos of Montana's facility, or JMU's, or the Fargo Dome, or S. Dakota State's, or S. Carolina State's, or Liberty's, or Alabama State's, or a dozen others, and say: "this is what a nice, FCS level facility should look like...".
    1-AA is tops!!

AGS President of the Confederate States of America citdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdinva View Post
    Someone needs to show "The Commission" photos of Montana's facility, or JMU's, or the Fargo Dome, or S. Dakota State's, or S. Carolina State's, or Liberty's, or Alabama State's, or a dozen others, and say: "this is what a nice, FCS level facility should look like...".
    Less money would be available to recruit and graduate the likes of Allan Iverson or Patrick Ewing...
    http://i.imgur.com/dx6VTu8.gif The Army of Northern Virginia was never defeated. It merely wore itself out whipping the enemy.
    Jubal Early Maj Genl
    Confederate States of America
    Tiocfaidh ár lá