Quote Originally Posted by FUBeAR View Post
Year: R-Fr.
Looks like he did. He was a Fr. last year and the roster is current...CIT was game #2 for FU. Unless I'm mistaken, he did not play in any games after that game, so he's well within the NCAA Rules to receive a Redshirt year. I don't think he needs a "Medical Waiver" to gain an additional year of eligibility in this case. I think it would just be a 'garden variety' Redshirt.
The rules are somewhat difficult to pinpoint, but at this stage it does not really matter. It appears Morehead will be eligible as a freshmen.

He is a guy that may be one of the league's break out players this year. In limited action last season against two good team (Michigan State and Citadel), he appeared to show great potential. Should be an exciting guy to watch this year in a running scheme.

Furman looks like they may have as much speed on offense as I can remember. Morehead can fly, as can Thomas Gordon. Blazejowski is extremely elusive as a QB.

There are a couple of other guys that can really run that we have seen in limited exposure - Bradford Lemons is a state champion sprinter as is Kavajae Ellis (also injured against the Citadel). New recruit Devin Wynn looks like a slightly bigger version of Darius Morehead.