Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AGS Circle of Influence Member

FCS players headed to the NFL Combine

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I would assume teams are looking at him as an athlete not so much at QB.

You don't see him succeeding with a position change?
    Bailey was, by almost all accounts, a horrible teammate that refused to change positions and rather than change positions and accept that Dunne was better stopped practicing and playing. Him being out with an injury? A lie. He threw a bitch fit over getting benched and quit without leaving the team.

His attitude was dog **** once that decision was made. He, until graduation day (I'm assuming still) wore his Illinois Fighting Illini letterman jacket around campus, to and from the facility, on road trips, etc...

I used to care about UNI football. May well again some day....

Re: FCS players headed to the NFL Combine

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I predict a whole bunch of unnoticed FCS players will be on rosters this year.
    Definitely.

Only 13 were invited to the NFL combine (out of 330 players). This is horribly disproportionate to the 15% of NFL rosters made up of FCS players.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Aaron Bailey better not get within 100 yards of a football field.

How was Schult not a combine invite?
    Schult is not considered to be a great athlete. He may get drafted with a strong pro day though. I could see him sneak into the 6th or 7th round with a big time pro day.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Bailey was, by almost all accounts, a horrible teammate that refused to change positions and rather than change positions and accept that Dunne was better stopped practicing and playing. Him being out with an injury? A lie. He threw a bitch fit over getting benched and quit without leaving the team.

His attitude was dog **** once that decision was made. He, until graduation day (I'm assuming still) wore his Illinois Fighting Illini letterman jacket around campus, to and from the facility, on road trips, etc...
    That may keep him from getting signed. I just know based on athletic ability he was considered a potential free agent during the fall but I'm sure he will get dinged for that attitude and end up in a secondary league if that is all true.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rjones61 View Post
    Definitely.

Only 13 were invited to the NFL combine (out of 330 players). This is horribly disproportionate to the 15% of NFL rosters made up of FCS players.
    I expect that 15% to drop over the next 5-8 years. With so many more teams moving up and making 85 less FCS scholarships more and more you should see the G5 level have a big increase in talent.

With that said, there are some very good FCS players left out due to the numbers game. The NFL will only invite 330 players to the combine. They want to invite more but can't due to logistics reasons. I wish we could see 400 at the combine. I would expect no more than 5-7 players drafted who don't get an invite if that was the case.

I want to see Dylan Cole get a contract somewhere. He kept a lot of our conference opponents from hanging a hundred on us over the last two years.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony215 View Post
    A kid who suffered from uninspiring QB play in his senior year is Bruce Mapp of Coastal Carolina. Slot type receiver who put up pretty good numbers as a junior on a great CCU team (769 yards & 7 TDs) but with loss of QB they ran the ball much more last year and his numbers dropped down to 423 yards & 6 TDs
    Mapp's bigger issue is that he does not have much speed. You could argue that Pascal of ODU suffered from it too but he has much better physical tools and skills. If Mapp played like a 4.5 or 4.4 guy he would have had so much more interest from NFL teams than he has. It's just coming down to his lack of speed on film in the eyes of NFL teams.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by GodHelpTheBears View Post
    I want to see Dylan Cole get a contract somewhere. He kept a lot of our conference opponents from hanging a hundred on us over the last two years.
    Cole will be a definite free agent pickup and I could see him getting drafted in the 7th round even though right now I project him as a first wave priority free agent. He looked very good at the NFLPA Bowl.

First Class FCS Advocate DallasSpider's Avatar

A kid I hope gets his shot is Brian Brown. Record breaking numbers, got better each year. I felt like every one of his touchdown he was open by 20 yards. Just not sure how he translates to the nfl being a shorter outside receiver (6'1). Reminds me of tajae sharp but maybe a little more straight line speed than quick. Not gonna get drafted, but hopefully he can get in a camp and succeed.
    Hopping on the RussBus

Frequent FCS Advocate Iridebikes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    Wentz to Kupp connection.....let's go.
    That would be a sweet combination, with a bit of irony. I like it!!