Quote Originally Posted by youcanbankit View Post
Hatcher knows how to win the big game. Needed a run game to put away teams. He understands that, and has made moves to correct. Strong Talent added last year and this year. They will average 6'5 - 308 on offensive line this year, including a University of Miami OL transfer and the highest ranked center signed in 2016 in the SoCon. OL will be tougher, faster and bigger than ever. Also added an SEC back to the mix as a transfer. Special Teams will be much better with the past two year additions. Defense will be the question.
Just my opinion (and a few others on here, I suppose), but an offensive lineman's height and weight matter very little. If a guy is of significant size and is passed up by the big programs, he may well have a hole in his game. I don't think even the Atlanta Falcons average 6'5 308 on their offensive line. There are, of course, exceptions.

I'm also typically underwhelmed by transfers. I've said on here dozens of times that you could probably count the truly impact transfers in the SoCon on one hand. Many times those guys either come with baggage or simply weren't good enough to play where they started.

Further, I often find that transfers, like big trade-deadline acquisitions in baseball, indicate that the acquiring team has some major gaps in their roster. I think without dispute, teams that build their roster with a heavy dose of transfer players rarely (if ever) succeed at this level.

As you note, the issue is going to be the defense. I would say that is always the issue with a team coached by Chris Hatcher. Hatcher most certainly does not have a track record of winning the big game. He's a good coach, but Valdosta State was a long time ago and with very different restrictions on who he could bring it to play.