Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75
  1. #21
    Major FCS Ruler Libertine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,153

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    That is fradulent!!! It is a huge advantage.
    ALL recruit rankings are inherently fraudulent...or, in this case apparently, 'fradulent'.


  2. #22
    Major FCS Ruler ccd494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    I'm laying 3-1 odds that chattown was deeply involved in gamergate.

  3. #23
    AGS FCS Champion FCS_pwns_FBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,979

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Recruiting rankings in the FCS on the major recruiting sites are all but worthless. If you believe them, most of the Group of 5 teams are out-recruiting NDSU (and other top FCS programs) by a significant margin, and just a simple eyeball test will tell you that's silly.
    Six National Championships. All won via a playoff in the second highest level of football.

  4. #24
    FCS Champion
    BisonTru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Moorhead, MN
    Posts
    3,820

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Ever the Liberal, AltTru!
    .... Tru

  5. #25
    AGS FCS Master
    centennial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    4,773

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by FCS_pwns_FBS View Post
    Recruiting rankings in the FCS on the major recruiting sites are all but worthless. If you believe them, most of the Group of 5 teams are out-recruiting NDSU (and other top FCS programs) by a significant margin, and just a simple eyeball test will tell you that's silly.
    Rankings are ****. NDSU looks at coaching camps a lot more than stars.

  6. #26
    AGS FCS Master Thumper 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    4,753

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

  7. #27
    AGS FCS Master chattownmocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    The bigger story is that 247 has no integrity, and if they are willing to rig the system for austin peay this blatantly with no shame, what are they willing to do for fbs teams.

    The larger point for fcs is that a young guy that did sign a good recruiting class, and is a good recruiter, now has an huge advantage that he didn't actually earn. If you don't think that will healy getting an article in the tennesseean raving about him is a big deal for him then you are clueless. Well none of you think that anyone cares about recruiting rankings so clearly you are.

    Btw them not winning games isn't going to prevent them from winning games if they are able to get elite talent. I've seen their record mentioned multiple. He's been there a year. Recruiting classes pay dividends 2, 3, 4 years down the road. Unless you get a bunch of transfers. Btw, he doesn't have to make austin peay better Than chattanooga or jacksonville state to hurt those programs in recruiting.
    To want something requires absolutely nothing. To will something requires sacrifice. That is the vision I have for Mocs football. A group that will have a tireless will to compete. When they play that way national championships are to be expected. That's our goal.

    Tom Arth

  8. #28
    Top FCS Ruler RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,598

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    I'm going to laugh my ass off when Austin Peay knocks off Chattanooga one day.

  9. #29
    Top FCS Ruler lionsrking2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,938

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    The bigger story is that 247 has no integrity, and if they are willing to rig the system for austin peay this blatantly with no shame, what are they willing to do for fbs teams.

    The larger point for fcs is that a young guy that did sign a good recruiting class, and is a good recruiter, now has an huge advantage that he didn't actually earn. If you don't think that will healy getting an article in the tennesseean raving about him is a big deal for him then you are clueless. Well none of you think that anyone cares about recruiting rankings so clearly you are.

    Btw them not winning games isn't going to prevent them from winning games if they are able to get elite talent. I've seen their record mentioned multiple. He's been there a year. Recruiting classes pay dividends 2, 3, 4 years down the road. Unless you get a bunch of transfers. Btw, he doesn't have to make austin peay better Than chattanooga or jacksonville state to hurt those programs in recruiting.
    Your argument is incoherent. Either 247 is blowing up average players to make them look better than they are, or Austin Peay is doing a great job on the recruiting trail. If 247 is inflating ratings, it's doubtful it'll have an impact on the field for APSU. If they're legitimately recruiting well, not sure what your problem is with 247 ... credit APSU for doing a good job recruiting.

  10. #30
    Master FCS Advocate geaux_sioux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    361

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    Your argument is incoherent. Either 247 is blowing up average players to make them look better than they are, or Austin Peay is doing a great job on the recruiting trail. If 247 is inflating ratings, it's doubtful it'll have an impact on the field for APSU. If they're legitimately recruiting well, not sure what your problem is with 247 ... credit APSU for doing a good job recruiting.
    Exactly, this is a schizophrenic argument at best. Either they're a paper tiger and shame on 247 or they're going to improve because stars always mean a player is good right?

Similar Threads

  1. OVC: Healy Named Austin Peay Head Football Coach
    By News from the FCS in forum Ohio Valley Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2015, 05:10 PM
  2. OVC: Healy Named Austin Peay Head Football Coach
    By News from the FCS in forum Ohio Valley Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2015, 02:30 PM
  3. Chattanooga: Mic'd Up: Recievers Coach Will Healy
    By News from the FCS in forum Southern Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM
  4. Will Healy
    By DTSpider in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •