Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75
  1. #1
    AGS FCS Master chattownmocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    4,781

    Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Will healy has magically signed the "number 1" fcs recruiting class yet again and is using it to his advantage on the recruiting trail. While he is a great recruiter, it is quite obvious that they are throwing players a ranking just to get the austin peay team ranking to number 1. Is it wrong for his contact/s at 247 to manufacture these rankings on his behalf in an obvious attempt to give him an advantage?
    To want something requires absolutely nothing. To will something requires sacrifice. That is the vision I have for Mocs football. A group that will have a tireless will to compete. When they play that way national championships are to be expected. That's our goal.

    Tom Arth

  2. #2
    My real name is Bisontownmocks

    BisonFan02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    MinnesOOOta
    Posts
    10,253

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Trying to give a ****......can't. Star systems are beyond stupid...like a kid taking an offer to AP because "we have the top recruits", but are beyond terrible on the field.
    BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

    "Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground

  3. #3
    Top FCS Ruler RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    When you're on a 27 game losing streak and have lost 45 of your last 46, you need all that you can get. It's kind of like when the worst NFL team gets the #1 pick, except that even the browns don't suck this much for this long. Just drop the program. You're making Rhode Island look like the Patriots.

  4. #4
    AGS FCS Master chattownmocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    While it is BS, particularly at this level. It is a selling point that will healy has been using for a few years now. I'm not sure it didn't help him land the austin peay job.
    To want something requires absolutely nothing. To will something requires sacrifice. That is the vision I have for Mocs football. A group that will have a tireless will to compete. When they play that way national championships are to be expected. That's our goal.

    Tom Arth

  5. #5
    Top FCS Ruler lionsrking2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    Will healy has magically signed the "number 1" fcs recruiting class yet again and is using it to his advantage on the recruiting trail. While he is a great recruiter, it is quite obvious that they are throwing players a ranking just to get the austin peay team ranking to number 1. Is it wrong for his contact/s at 247 to manufacture these rankings on his behalf in an obvious attempt to give him an advantage?
    I'd worry more about it being a "coach killer" than being an advantage. Expectations will be through the roof with the supposed No. 1 class.

  6. #6
    AGS FCS Master chattownmocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    When you're on a 27 game losing streak and have lost 45 of your last 46, you need all that you can get. It's kind of like when the worst NFL team gets the #1 pick, except that even the browns don't suck this much for this long. Just drop the program. You're making Rhode Island look like the Patriots.
    Well they aren't going to drop the program. And they are actually are improving their talent level by leaps and bounds and one of the ways they are doing it is by misrepresenting the caliber of players that they have gotten in the past and that they have committed to them.
    To want something requires absolutely nothing. To will something requires sacrifice. That is the vision I have for Mocs football. A group that will have a tireless will to compete. When they play that way national championships are to be expected. That's our goal.

    Tom Arth

  7. #7
    Top FCS Ruler lionsrking2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    While it is BS, particularly at this level. It is a selling point that will healy has been using for a few years now. I'm not sure it didn't help him land the austin peay job.
    Nobody cares about that. NW State signed a couple of "No. 1" classes using Rivals ratings and it got their last two head coaches fired.

  8. #8
    AGS FCS Master chattownmocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chattanooga
    Posts
    4,781

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by lionsrking2 View Post
    Nobody cares about that. NW State signed a couple of "No. 1" classes using Rivals ratings and it got their last two head coaches fired.
    You don't know what the hell you are talking about. These recru ing websites may not be legitimate or accurate. But to say no one cares is idiotic. They are making millions of dollars. The fact that they aren't making any on fcs football is precisely why they feel they can just go in and give every one of their friends 25 signees a star ranking and no one will care. These players are obsessed with their ranking, they are going to camps just to improve that. It is an advantage, an unfair advantage, to be able to go in and say " we signed the number 1 recruiting class in the nation last year just look it up on 247."
    To want something requires absolutely nothing. To will something requires sacrifice. That is the vision I have for Mocs football. A group that will have a tireless will to compete. When they play that way national championships are to be expected. That's our goal.

    Tom Arth

  9. #9
    Top FCS Ruler lionsrking2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    Quote Originally Posted by chattownmocs View Post
    You don't know what the hell you are talking about. These recru ing websites may not be legitimate or accurate. But to say no one cares is idiotic. They are making millions of dollars. The fact that they aren't making any on fcs football is precisely why they feel they can just go in and give every one of their friends 25 signees a star ranking and no one will care. These players are obsessed with their ranking, they are going to camps just to improve that. It is an advantage, an unfair advantage, to be able to go in and say " we signed the number 1 recruiting class in the nation last year just look it up on 247."
    Obviously it's got your panties in a wad, that's why you posted, but if you truly believe it's a manufactured ranking due to a coaches relationship with 247, it'll show up on the field in due time. At the end of the day, the usual suspects will continue recruiting unrated or lowly rated players and will continue to be in the mix for championships. We'll see where APSU is in a couple of years. If they ascend to the top of the OVC, your concerns will have been validated ... if not, it'll be another coach killer ranking.

  10. #10
    Top FCS Ruler RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,589

    Re: Is the relationship between will healy and 247 sports unethical?

    I totally thought this was just a troll attempt/joke thread. He's being serious?

Similar Threads

  1. OVC: Healy Named Austin Peay Head Football Coach
    By News from the FCS in forum Ohio Valley Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2015, 06:10 PM
  2. OVC: Healy Named Austin Peay Head Football Coach
    By News from the FCS in forum Ohio Valley Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
  3. Chattanooga: Mic'd Up: Recievers Coach Will Healy
    By News from the FCS in forum Southern Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM
  4. Will Healy
    By DTSpider in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2008, 11:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •