Lineman Jon Barrett Lewis had long been verbally committed to Western Carolina when he attended the Catamounts' football game against The Citadel last October.
The Bulldogs routed WCU, 37-14, that day and went on to go undefeated in the Southern Conference, winning a second straight league title.
It's no coincidence that Lewis, a 6-2, 296-pounder from Lenoir, N.C., who was named to North Carolina's Shrine Bowl team, is now committed to The Citadel.

"Definitely," Lewis said when asked if the Bulldogs' recent success played a role in his decision. "I had been committed to Western Carolina for a long time, so it took me a while to think about it. But when I thought about it, the opportunity at The Citadel overwhelmed the opportunity at Western Carolina."
As Citadel coach Brent Thompson and his assistants zero in on National Signing Day on Wednesday, the Bulldogs' success over the last two seasons — records of 10-2 and 9-4, two FCS playoff berths, two SoCon titles and a win over South Carolina — seems to have boosted recruiting efforts.

http://www.postandcourier.com/sports...067b07557.html