Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 527
  1. #11
    AGS FCS Expert
    IBleedYellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    5,413

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    NDSU wins the 2017 FCS Title.

    I didn't start this thread. I can't believe I started last years. Dumbass me.

    2011, '12, '13, '14 & '15 National Champions



  2. #12
    AGS FCS Master Thumper 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    4,917

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by centennial View Post
    So much wishing. Don't forget how many years in a row SDSU lost to NDSU before the win this year. Also 2011-12 was probably among our weakest classes in the run. NDSU has been stealing FBS recruits for the last 2 years. Not under recruited players, just straight up grabbing players with G5 offers, P5 interest. If the NDSU coaches can fix some scheme issues we still remain a top 5 team for the next 5 year at the very least. Also consider FCOA, it is going to be a huge advantage over a lot of teams in the FCS. We aren't going anywhere. I do agree the president issue is BS, and in the long run can kill us.
    So, basically no addressing any of the points I made, just pointing at what happened. Considering all the regional teams I mentioned have the capability to match the FCOA NDSU can offer, it kinda neutralizes that advantage unless you're recruiting against the Citadel all the time. Actually SDSU can beat ndsu's offer I believe from what I remember seeing due to what the cost of attendance comes out to be in Brookings. Yes I know SDSU isn't able to offer every recruit FCOA at the moment, but they can offer it if they need to. But if your rebuttal is to point at the past when realistically there have been massive upgrades to your opponents and potential competition, that's the definition of having the blinders on. Also note I mentioned that it isn't going to happen immediately, it will take a couple years. But it certainly is a very plausible situation, especially looking at what I pointed out. None of that was "wishing" using hypotheticals of improvements that "could" happen to local schools NDSU competes with (and beats right now) for recruits. It's off of concrete improvements that present legitimate competition compared to what things were. Also USeD had a better recruiter as a head coach, so that's more to be added to the list. Just saying "ha ha we're NDSU keep wishing we did this and this" is the definition of bus son arrogance. But I didn't expect anything different I'm more interested in what other teams fans think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

    I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

  3. #13
    AGS FCS Expert
    IBleedYellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    5,413

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    So, basically no addressing any of the points I made, just pointing at what happened. Considering all the regional teams I mentioned have the capability to match the FCOA NDSU can offer, it kinda neutralizes that advantage unless you're recruiting against the Citadel all the time. Actually SDSU can beat ndsu's offer I believe from what I remember seeing due to what the cost of attendance comes out to be in Brookings. Yes I know SDSU isn't able to offer every recruit FCOA at the moment, but they can offer it if they need to. But if your rebuttal is to point at the past when realistically there have been massive upgrades to your opponents and potential competition, that's the definition of having the blinders on. Also note I mentioned that it isn't going to happen immediately, it will take a couple years. But it certainly is a very plausible situation, especially looking at what I pointed out. None of that was "wishing" using hypotheticals of improvements that "could" happen to local schools NDSU competes with (and beats right now) for recruits. It's off of concrete improvements that present legitimate competition compared to what things were. Also USeD had a better recruiter as a head coach, so that's more to be added to the list. Just saying "ha ha we're NDSU keep wishing we did this and this" is the definition of bus son arrogance. But I didn't expect anything different I'm more interested in what other teams fans think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We both know that Stig will still be conservative in the playoffs and that will screw you.

    Until Stig leaves, I'm not too worried.

    2011, '12, '13, '14 & '15 National Champions



  4. #14
    AGS FCS Master Thumper 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    4,917

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    We both know that Stig will still be conservative in the playoffs and that will screw you.

    Until Stig leaves, I'm not too worried.
    Oh I'm not talking H2H in the playoffs or that SDSU is winning a natty, just that upped regional competition for recruits especially from the goofs could potentially hurt the bison.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

    I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

  5. #15
    First Class FCS Ruler Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    691

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    And UNIs top commit out of Minnesota power house, Cretin Durham, has announced that due to coaching changes he no longer has an offer from UNI


    **** you UNI. **** you for being a god damn dumpster fire. **** you for pulling a kids off 2 weeks from signing day. What a ****ing joke.

    He's going to end up at Iowa. We have a game against Iowa in 2018. I hope he puts 200 yards up on UNI
    Haven't been keeping up over here as well as I usually do. What's going on at UNI? I heard Paup went to UofM but that's it.

  6. #16
    AGS FCS Expert
    IBleedYellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    5,413

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Haven't been keeping up over here as well as I usually do. What's going on at UNI? I heard Paup went to UofM but that's it.
    They are losing like 5-6 assistants. Go read PantherNation or ask Clenz.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    2011, '12, '13, '14 & '15 National Champions



  7. #17
    AGS FCS Master Thumper 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    4,917

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Haven't been keeping up over here as well as I usually do. What's going on at UNI? I heard Paup went to UofM but that's it.
    Long story short they're losing almost the entire coaching staff. Plus more fun I'll let clenz talk about, it's mayhem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

    I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

  8. #18
    Top FCS Advocate GodHelpTheBears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Inside a vat at Mother's Brewing
    Posts
    284

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    If UNI wins more than 3 games this year I'll think about changing my avatar back to UNI.

    Seriously. The O/U for UNI should be 3.5.

    I'll get back to you in a few weeks if we've hired any coaches
    I don't think it is possible for MSU to beat UNI. It goes against the entire framework of my football knowledge - touchdowns are worth 6 points, the band and the PA will play over each other during home games, and MSU will lose to UNI. It just is.

  9. #19
    Top FCS Ruler F'N Hawks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,611

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    And UNIs top commit out of Minnesota power house, Cretin Durham, has announced that due to coaching changes he no longer has an offer from UNI


    **** you UNI. **** you for being a god damn dumpster fire. **** you for pulling a kids off 2 weeks from signing day. What a ****ing joke.

    He's going to end up at Iowa. We have a game against Iowa in 2018. I hope he puts 200 yards up on UNI
    He is not your top recruit, not even close. Pretty stiff. Honestly, other than the bad optics he isn't any great loss. And he sure as hell isn't going to Iowa or anywhere unless he is a school start walkon or something

  10. #20
    Bandwagon Fan PantherRob82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    11,605

    Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

    UNI is ****ed. Go Drake!
    "I don't care who beat who where and when. I'm telling you we will whip your ass...watch what you wish for...it's coming." -fmrbearkat 11/5/16

    12/9/16:
    James Madison 65 Sam Houston State 7

Similar Threads

  1. I'm surprised no GSU or App. State fans have brought this up...
    By FCS_pwns_FBS in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: February 12th, 2010, 10:21 AM
  2. SELA AD Steps Aside - Brought Back Football
    By TexasTerror in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM
  3. Sean Landeta brought back to Eagles
    By TigerFan17 in forum The Ins & Outs of FCS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 6th, 2005, 02:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •