Page 1 of 228 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    South Dakota State

MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Also brought to you by the anti ECB Coalition, Central Winning Time, and Farm Coops.

Figure it's about time to get this fired up. Signing day is around the corner, as well as UNI having major upheaval in their coaching staff along with other fun discussion points. So it begins....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Can't this thread be sponsored by Casey's Hazelnut Coffee? It's literally the only reason I go into store.

If you haven't tried it yet, cleanse your palate of that mediocre pizza and give it a shot.

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Can't this thread be sponsored by Casey's Hazelnut Coffee? It's literally the only reason I go into store.

If you haven't tried it yet, cleanse your palate of that mediocre pizza and give it a shot.

I am ED. #FEARME

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

Internet tough guy

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

ECB has pushed the light bacon agenda for years. Make the MVFC great again! Bacon2017.

AGS Circle of Influence Member
    My Team
    Dunder Mifflin

If UNI wins more than 3 games this year I'll think about changing my avatar back to UNI.

Seriously. The O/U for UNI should be 3.5.

I'll get back to you in a few weeks if we've hired any coaches

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    If UNI wins more than 3 games this year I'll think about changing my avatar back to UNI.

Seriously. The O/U for UNI should be 3.5.

I'll get back to you in a few weeks if we've hired any coaches
    ****ty situation for UNI for sure, don't see how it doesn't cause them to bomb compared to what they normally are. Really hurts the conference when UNI isn't good, hopefully it turns around because there is another program I'm curious about having a drop off in a couple of years, NDSU.

The reason I have the theory about that has nothing to do with NDSU losing in the playoffs finally. It has to do with the fact that their President left for a different school, and their competition for recruits are really getting ramped up in the region.

On the president, there has been a witch hunt against the old guy for a while, at least as long as I've lived in Fargo (so at least a year). So that could deter some candidates. Also, talking to NDSU guys, they aren't hopeful for th next guy being hired being a great one for keeping NDSU on the forefront I guess you could say. From what I've gathered that's what caused the dip in the 90's was a bad president and it eventually trickled down. Also the state has been cutting back funding to the schools in ND and they have had to make some good sized cuts. That's never helpful for anything.

As to the regional recruiting, the obvious one is SDSU. Obviously NDSU has a massive advantage for recruiting due to the championships. That's a no brainer. However I don't think it's a coincidence that they became so dominant when the closest FCS school had a stadium that looked like it was a DIII stadium at a glance on their recruiting post cards, meeting rooms in old construction trailers, and locker rooms that were worse than some high schools. Now SDSU has State of the art everything, from their IPF to the stadium to the Dykehouse Student Athlete center. That's has really leveled the playing field between those schools, and SDSU probably has their best recruiting class to date right now (at least it looks like it). Add to it UND moving up and now starting to gain some steam under Bubbles, that adds some more strain, an more importantly, the bigger problem I think is Fleck in UM. At a glance he looks to be using the philosophy that Barry Alvarez used when he built up the Wisky program, recruit your state and region. NDSU (and SDSU) get a lot of MN kids who UM passes over or even sometimes chooses them over the goofs. I don't think that's going to happen for much longer if Fleck gets it rolling in the Twin Cities. SDSU I think might be better equipped to miss out on some MN talent than NDSU because they have started to really pony NE, but I'm curious to see what effect that's going to have. Either way I think those two things combined, and eventually Klieman getting scooped up by a mid level FBS, could cause for a drop off in Fargo. I'm not saying dropping into the cellar, but I would say with teams like ISUr, YSU, and SDSU improving every year it wouldn't take much of a drop off for them to start having 7-4 seasons. That could just be the SDSU fan in me though Anyways, what say you folks?

I am ED. #FEARME

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    The reason I have the theory about that has nothing to do with NDSU losing in the playoffs finally. It has to do with the fact that their President left for a different school, and their competition for recruits are really getting ramped up in the region.
    Do you have sources we don't? AFAIK, DB hasn't been offered the Ohio job. I think they may still have one candidate left to interview; at least they did as of yesterday. So while DB may very well be leaving, it hasn't happened yet and it may not at all.

My Team
    South Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Do you have sources we don't? AFAIK, DB hasn't been offered the Ohio job. I think they may still have one candidate left to interview; at least they did as of yesterday. So while DB may very well be leaving, it hasn't happened yet and it may not at all.
    Hmph, I was given the impression he had taken the job. Welp, that's what I get for not researching what I'm told.

I am ED. #FEARME

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    ****ty situation for UNI for sure, don't see how it doesn't cause them to bomb compared to what they normally are. Really hurts the conference when UNI isn't good, hopefully it turns around because there is another program I'm curious about having a drop off in a couple of years, NDSU.

On the president, there has been a witch hunt against the old guy for a while, at least as long as I've lived in Fargo (so at least a year). So that could deter some candidates. Also, talking to NDSU guys, they aren't hopeful for th next guy being hired being a great one for keeping NDSU on the forefront I guess you could say. From what I've gathered that's what caused the dip in the 90's was a bad president and it eventually trickled down. Also the state has been cutting back funding to the schools in ND and they have had to make some good sized cuts. That's never helpful for anything.

As to the regional recruiting, the obvious one is SDSU. Obviously NDSU has a massive advantage for recruiting due to the championships. That's a no brainer. However I don't think it's a coincidence that they became so dominant when the closest FCS school had a stadium that looked like it was a DIII stadium at a glance on their recruiting post cards, meeting rooms in old construction trailers, and locker rooms that were worse than some high schools. Now SDSU has State of the art everything, from their IPF to the stadium to the Dykehouse Student Athlete center. That's has really leveled the playing field between those schools, and SDSU probably has their best recruiting class to date right now (at least it looks like it). Add to it UND moving up and now starting to gain some steam under Bubbles, that adds some more strain, an more importantly, the bigger problem I think is Fleck in UM. At a glance he looks to be using the philosophy that Barry Alvarez used when he built up the Wisky program, recruit your state and region. NDSU (and SDSU) get a lot of MN kids who UM passes over or even sometimes chooses them over the goofs. I don't think that's going to happen for much longer if Fleck gets it rolling in the Twin Cities. SDSU I think might be better equipped to miss out on some MN talent than NDSU because they have started to really pony NE, but I'm curious to see what effect that's going to have. Either way I think those two things combined, and eventually Klieman getting scooped up by a mid level FBS, could cause for a drop off in Fargo. I'm not saying dropping into the cellar, but I would say with teams like ISUr, YSU, and SDSU improving every year it wouldn't take much of a drop off for them to start having 7-4 seasons. That could just be the SDSU fan in me though Anyways, what say you folks?

Oh where oh where to begin.....you are starting to sound like a UND fan bunny boy! Hoping and praying that NDSU will fall to your level.

First of all, DB hasn't left yet but even if he does it won't effect our athletic program much if at all. NDSU has always been underfunded from the state but our AD will be covered by private donors similar to the past 50 years plus.

Secondly, as far as recruiting UND, SDSU and USD will continue to fight for our scraps. Not to mention even if you win some battles along the way it still comes down to developing those players, coaching, execution, etc. You all have a ways to go. Hell look at SDSU's entire D2 record. Wouldn't be shocked to see USD eventually pass you bunny turds along the way to second place behind the Bison.

Third, don't get too attached to the rock as we plan on getting it back this year. It's going to be great taking of Dyk's new house this year.

Finally kicking your ass in the PO's never gets old. Looking forward to another round 2 PO game if you guys happen to make it back to Fargo this year. Knowing you guys you'll probably lay another egg in Missoula this year.