Page 230 of 293 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2929

Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post

UNIDome post locker room/weight room/concourse completion
    Why are the seats different colors? I get differentiating the sections and I could see if they were UNI colors, but the red makes no sense. They must have kept the seats from the original? The old Dakotadome seats were hideous, I'm glad they are all red now.

Who's need gets dealt with for FCOA. Id be hoping it was the team's need for certain players.

First Class FCS Advocate neverobeyed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yotes21 View Post
    Why are the seats different colors? I get differentiating the sections and I could see if they were UNI colors, but the red makes no sense. They must have kept the seats from the original? The old Dakotadome seats were hideous, I'm glad they are all red now.
    Original colors and likely original seats, I think.

I recall the first year, before seats were even installed. But I honestly don't remember the seats ever not being these colors since installed.

I used to walk those steps selling popcorn and drinks. Made $6+ profit my first night, which seemed okay as a 13-year-old for a few hours inside and getting to kind of watch the game (I was not the best vendor they had).

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yotes21 View Post
    Original seats. It was the mid 70s. You do the math.

What many don't realize is that it's not the full seat, it's just the back.

As for why they haven't been replaced? No one is really sure yet. Our previous AD stated it was cost prohibitive to take them off and have them painted for the ROI. I think he quoted $500k to have someone take seat backs off and paint them and re-install them. Not that the $500k itself was the issue, it sounded like the ROI wasn't worth the short term costs when funding for other capitol investments. They also aren't just screwed in. The seats are riveted to the upright. Takes extra work to get them out.

The idea of just replacing them was shot down. ADA standards have changed since the 70s. To "install new seats" means new ADA standards have to be met. Means taking seats out of the dome. The Walkup Skydome at NAU (similar to both UNI and Dakota domes) put new seats in a handful of years ago. Had to meet to seat standards. Went from over 15,000 seats to 10,000 seats. I'm not a math wizard, but based on that they had to add about 7" per seat to make it to new ADA standard. If my math isn't wrong (and it easily could be) going that route would take the UNIDome down to about 11,000 seats.

Yes, it's cheating the code, but everyone does similar things.

We could just take them out completely and put seat numbers on the metal bench and not have to change seating capacity. However, once fans have something, to take it away isn't possible without massive freak outs.
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

First Class FCS Ruler CappinHard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yote84 View Post
    Quit proving why every other fan base hates you.
    No, but I did eat Casey's Breakfast Pizza this morning.

First Class FCS Ruler CappinHard's Avatar

We could just take them out completely and put seat numbers on the metal bench and not have to change seating capacity. However, once fans have something, to take it away isn't possible without massive freak outs.
    I wonder if they could do something like SDSU did (metal backs, see pic) without having to meet standards. Although, if they're comfortable, I could really care less what color they are. I don't think it looks that bad.

No, but I did eat Casey's Breakfast Pizza this morning.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    I wonder if they could do something like SDSU did (metal backs, see pic) without having to meet standards. Although, if they're comfortable, I could really care less what color they are. I don't think it looks that bad.
    That's what UNI has - ours are just curved. I'm not sure there is a drop in replacement for a seat that is 39-40 years old.

At that point, again, you're getting into re-engineering what is being done and costs start to skyrocket.
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A FCS twist on a quote from Iowa State HC Matt Cambpell about getting his team bowl eligible.

First Class FCS Advocate neverobeyed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    Well, they are better than when it was just sitting on concrete with no backs.

But you are still sitting on a metal bench with a hard plastic back, curved though it may be. But stupidly, stupidly durable through 39 years of kids climbing on them and drunks falling on them. And the gum ... oh, the gum that has been scraped from the bottom of those things.

As much as most of us would like to see them only purple and gold, the real goal is to never see them at all, at least during games (butts in seats).

Original seats. It was the mid 70s. You do the math.

What many don't realize is that it's not the full seat, it's just the back.

As for why they haven't been replaced? No one is really sure yet. Our previous AD stated it was cost prohibitive to take them off and have them painted for the ROI. I think he quoted $500k to have someone take seat backs off and paint them and re-install them. Not that the $500k itself was the issue, it sounded like the ROI wasn't worth the short term costs when funding for other capitol investments. They also aren't just screwed in. The seats are riveted to the upright. Takes extra work to get them out.

The idea of just replacing them was shot down. ADA standards have changed since the 70s. To "install new seats" means new ADA standards have to be met. Means taking seats out of the dome. The Walkup Skydome at NAU (similar to both UNI and Dakota domes) put new seats in a handful of years ago. Had to meet to seat standards. Went from over 15,000 seats to 10,000 seats. I'm not a math wizard, but based on that they had to add about 7" per seat to make it to new ADA standard. If my math isn't wrong (and it easily could be) going that route would take the UNIDome down to about 11,000 seats.

Yes, it's cheating the code, but everyone does similar things.

at least if we went to 11,000 we might be able to fill the place again.
    ***Under Construction***

My real name is Bisontownmocks

ha......bleachers.

BisonFan02 Trophy Case:

"Concern ****s with you.......at first."
    -Ursus staring at Grizo's limp carcass on the ground