Thread: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    So, basically no addressing any of the points I made, just pointing at what happened. Considering all the regional teams I mentioned have the capability to match the FCOA NDSU can offer, it kinda neutralizes that advantage unless you're recruiting against the Citadel all the time. Actually SDSU can beat ndsu's offer I believe from what I remember seeing due to what the cost of attendance comes out to be in Brookings. Yes I know SDSU isn't able to offer every recruit FCOA at the moment, but they can offer it if they need to. But if your rebuttal is to point at the past when realistically there have been massive upgrades to your opponents and potential competition, that's the definition of having the blinders on. Also note I mentioned that it isn't going to happen immediately, it will take a couple years. But it certainly is a very plausible situation, especially looking at what I pointed out. None of that was "wishing" using hypotheticals of improvements that "could" happen to local schools NDSU competes with (and beats right now) for recruits. It's off of concrete improvements that present legitimate competition compared to what things were. Also USeD had a better recruiter as a head coach, so that's more to be added to the list. Just saying "ha ha we're NDSU keep wishing we did this and this" is the definition of bus son arrogance. But I didn't expect anything different I'm more interested in what other teams fans think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You wrote a fantasy piece.
    - New president will be bad, we don't know yet.
    - Recruiting is going to be harder, sure but NDSU is going after a lot of G5 kids. Yes, NDSU doesn't get every kid that they want but let me point that recruiting as a whole is much better than 10 years ago. Even better than it used to be when Bohl was the coach in 2013. Increased local competition can hurt certainly, but I haven't seen it hurting yet.
    - SDSU having a higher FCOA amount. Not sure how much that counts when only a certain kids get it. Do you have numbers on how many have it? Things will change if SDSU can offer it to every recruit.
    - One other thing- national profile. NDSU has been on ESPN a LOT. Carson Wentz and the other NFL players aren't hurting either. Helps with recruiting.

I am not saying that NDSU is infallible, and there are plenty of good programs that have fallen. Just that the likelihood of it happening is low. Fargo has a winning football culture, similar to Tuscaloosa. Failure isn't tolerated easily for football. On the other hand Stig has already hit his ceiling.
    Last edited by centennial; January 17th, 2017 at 09:26 PM.