Page 107 of 251 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2509
    First Class FCS Ruler GodHelpTheBears's Avatar

Re: MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

I may have been a bit premature in taking a steaming dump on my local newspaper, because today they published this.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/spo...ey=&autologin=

Generally an interesting and informative (though more in human interest style) article about one of our defensive ends, although I feel the need to point out this egregious sunshine pumping:

"Three years after putting on football pads for the first time, Oluwafunmila is an important part of what could be a dominant defensive line at Missouri State."
    The only untenable situation is the one you are in right now. Support the dissolution of football at Missouri State University.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    The wrong is strong in this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for you Thumper.

Would SDSU still be a NC contender if they lost one of their "Big 3" playmakers? Take Taryn, Dallas or Jake out of the lineup and would the Jacks still be a threat?

NDSU just lost an All-American but IMO, will not lose much in terms of being a legit contender for the NC. Last year it was DeLuca and Tanguay. Year before it was Wentz until the championship game. Every year since '10, the Bison have lost a key player or multiple key players and still won a NC or made it to the semis.

SDSU's offense is a nightmare to slow down for any team but can the defense stop anyone? 2nd game last year, the Bison did a pretty good job on defense and time management with the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
    Question for you Thumper.

Would SDSU still be a NC contender if they lost one of their "Big 3" playmakers? Take Taryn, Dallas or Jake out of the lineup and would the Jacks still be a threat?

NDSU just lost an All-American but IMO, will not lose much in terms of being a legit contender for the NC. Last year it was DeLuca and Tanguay. Year before it was Wentz until the championship game. Every year since '10, the Bison have lost a key player or multiple key players and still won a NC or made it to the semis.

SDSU's offense is a nightmare to slow down for any team but can the defense stop anyone? 2nd game last year, the Bison did a pretty good job on defense and time management with the offense.
    I think the biggest difference between NDSU and SDSU over the last six years has been depth. I truly believe that the starters for SDSU generally were as talented as NDSU, but once you got past that NDSU was way ahead. That's also where I think SDSU has been really gaining recently. With the new stadium recruiting has really picked up. It's made a serious difference.

I think they would still contend as long as it isn't TC. The running game is better than it gets credit for. SDSU's top two rushers return and they combined for 1200+ yds last year and combined to Ave 5.9 ypc. The underrated part of the offense is the O line. They return pretty much everybody and there's several young guys who are expected to beat out the starters.

On defense I highly doubt that they are as bad as they were last year. The Jacks rarely have a bad D, and if they do it's for one year. I expect the defense to be from solid to really good. Could have a couple of true freshman playing on that side of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't drink anymore. I don't necessarily drink any less either, though.

I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

SDSU has been a top 8 contender 5 straight years since 2012 .. using Massey Composite, which is as objective as it gets.

- 2012 .. ranked 6th
    - 2013 .. ranked 8th
    - 2014 .. ranked 5th
    - 2015 .. ranked 7th
    - 2016 .. ranked 5th

So I think it is safe to say their program reloads better than most. And gets screwed out of top 8 seeds more than most .. and has to go thru Fargo almost every year as further punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird 4th & short View Post
    SDSU has been a top 8 contender 5 straight years since 2012 .. using Massey Composite, which is as objective as it gets.

- 2012 .. ranked 6th
    - 2013 .. ranked 8th
    - 2014 .. ranked 5th
    - 2015 .. ranked 7th
    - 2016 .. ranked 5th

So I think it is safe to say their program reloads better than most. And gets screwed out of top 8 seeds more than most .. and has to go thru Fargo almost every year as further punishment.
    Cue USD, UNI, and NDSU fans calling out the weaknesses of the Massey Composite Poll in.....3.....2.......1.....

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller_34 View Post
    Cue USD, UNI, and NDSU fans calling out the weaknesses of the Massey Composite Poll in.....3.....2.......1.....
    ah yes .. the average of 35+ polls .. clearly something to be disregarded as lacking objectivity and credibility.

AGS FCS Champion

IIRC, most Bison fans on here think SDSU/NDSU has been screwed in the playoff brackets and playing each other all the time.

You will never hear me disparage an computer ratings or even the Massey Composite.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Um...

Again, there are 2 UNI fans that post here.

What of the last few years leads anyone to think we have any issues with anything other than the state of our program?

In general I like computer ratings. I have pointed out some pretty serious flaws with them in regards to overall performance and more specific to how they calculate conferences because of how a few conferences insulate themselves, as well as how a couple compare across D1 to D2 and below. Computers will always suffer from strong bias, even though they are supposedly unbiased. They do what they are told, and will suffer the bias of the person that wrote them. Computers can't take things into account like "fluke/how the ball bounced that day" incidents. Weather, Injuries, etc... Just raw scores. Believe it or not, the better team doesn't always win. The better team doesn't always win by the computers predicted margins, which hurts them. Win by too much? Also hurts in the computer system because it shows their opponent is "Weaker" than expected, not that the team winning was stronger than expected.

I'd trust a few computer polls - they aren't all equal - over many of the AGS poll voters I've seen post their ballots. However, the AGS poll puts like 80-100 people together with bias account built in so that turns out good.

I used to care about UNI football. May well again some day....

"Be careful. NDSU is the dirtiest team you will face. Expect them to do everything possible to wreck your best players. Case in point. In the NDSU Richmond game last year in the semis,, David Jones returned a punt and the NDSU player launched himself helmet first at the arm of David. It was the slimiest thing I have ever seen. It wrecked his arm. NDSU knows the refs "let them play". NDSU takes full advantage. If you play them, expect a dirty game. They break the rules." Stonewall D