Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 436
  1. #11
    Top FCS Ruler alexale23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    THE OAK
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocky View Post
    The Benz in the ATL will offer a soccer seating setup. Not sure of the capacity in the Soccer arrangement but its indoors and plenty of flights into the airport.
    Will be amazing stadium too....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MOWIN EM DOWN

  2. #12
    Top FCS Ruler RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    I like the idea of Orlando and most Fcs schools who've made it over the last 20 years are from the east coast. However, I would think Orlando hotels are considerably more expensive. It is true that many airlines fly to ORL though. Many towns surrounding too with even cheaper options if you don't care about driving. If it doesn't have toll roads like dfw does, even better.

    ATL is a good option too and aren't they about to get a new MLS team?

  3. #13
    Top FCS Ruler alexale23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    THE OAK
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    I like the idea of Orlando and most Fcs schools who've made it over the last 20 years are from the east coast. However, I would think Orlando hotels are considerably more expensive. It is true that many airlines fly to ORL though. Many towns surrounding too with even cheaper options if you don't care about driving. If it doesn't have toll roads like dfw does, even better.

    ATL is a good option too and aren't they about to get a new MLS team?
    From wiki......

    United will begin play in 2017 in the retractable-roof stadium being built for the Falcons in downtown Atlanta. While the stadium has a capacity of 71,000, it can be reduced to 29,322 for the MLS team.[17] Stands will be retractable to accommodate a larger pitch and allow better sight lines, while curtains would be used to close off the upper section to create an intimate atmosphere. Blank also said, "There will never be an MLS game in Atlanta where NFL lines are shown on the field."[2] In January 2016 it was announced the opening of the stadium was pushed back three months to June 2017.[25] On January 6, 2017, the club announced that their first match at Mercedes-Benz Stadium is scheduled for July 30, 2017 against Orlando City SC.[


    The picture above shows the soccer setup....
    MOWIN EM DOWN

  4. #14
    FCS Advocate Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    24

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    Miami

  5. #15
    AGS FCS Champion caribbeanhen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Caribbean Sea
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    question... for those of you who have attended FCS Championships in Frisco, any idea how many "locals" come to the game? I realize not many tickets available with the Bison the past 5 years but just curious...

    any chance a Frisco area father with no real rooting interest in the game could take his son to a football game? or all sold out?
    Delaware Bluehens RIP

  6. #16
    Top FCS Ruler RootinFerDukes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    As far as I could tell, it was almost all JMU and YSU fans. There was a handful of NDSU yellow you saw in the stands and that was about it.

    Locals in Frisco and all of DFW seemed collectively unaware of any football game happening in their backyard for the most part. Some of the bars and restaurants right by it were aware but they were right there. Some of the Frisco hotels apparently had some signs up but I didn't stay in one.

    I would imagine casual local interest was minimal.

  7. #17
    Top FCS Ruler alexale23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    THE OAK
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: Better venues for the championship game




    East coast might not be happy but 27,000 capacity stubhub center in California..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MOWIN EM DOWN

  8. #18
    AGS FCS Master Thumper 76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    4,840

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    Quote Originally Posted by alexale23 View Post



    East coast might not be happy but 27,000 capacity stubhub center in California..


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    you east coasters are being a bunch of whiny bitches that it got moved to TX let alone all the damn way to CA. You poor flowers would have a meltdown.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I am ED. #FEARME
    Go Big, Go Blue, Go JACKS!

  9. #19
    AGS FCS Champion Bisonoline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    7,016

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    Quote Originally Posted by RootinFerDukes View Post
    As far as I could tell, it was almost all JMU and YSU fans. There was a handful of NDSU yellow you saw in the stands and that was about it.

    Locals in Frisco and all of DFW seemed collectively unaware of any football game happening in their backyard for the most part. Some of the bars and restaurants right by it were aware but they were right there. Some of the Frisco hotels apparently had some signs up but I didn't stay in one.

    I would imagine casual local interest was minimal.
    I have experienced the exact opposite. But that might be due to fact that the people of TX dont know who you are. Where ever we went people would ask us who we were playing that year.
    Last edited by Bisonoline; January 15th, 2017 at 05:12 PM.
    Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!



  10. #20
    FCS Champion
    Daytripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,485

    Re: Better venues for the championship game

    BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston....

    Seats 22K. Downtown Houston. Drink and eat to your heart's content. Central location. Good weather.


    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

Similar Threads

  1. TSN Top FCS Venues by League
    By Go Lehigh TU owl in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: June 7th, 2013, 02:15 PM
  2. Dream Venues for ESPN?
    By Hansel in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: December 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •