Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chadwell?

FCS Champion

Re: Chadwell?

Seems like an odd move in the sort-term, but probably good for longer-term professional prospects for Chadwell.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.

Frequent FCS Advocate NorthChuckSouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    CSU has already made the announcement about Chadwell's replacement and it's no less surprising than the rest of this situation. They've skipped over both coordinators and named CSU QB coach Mark Tucker as the new Buccaneer head coach. Tucker was Chadwell's position coach at ETSU and was also formerly an assistant at The Citadel.

Curiously, there seems to be a big gap in his resume timeline between being hired by Chadwell at CSU in 2013 and being the head coach of a now-defunct semi-pro team in Tennessee in 2004.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnr3KIczF8

Good story from 2015.. He's a great guy and great coach. Looking forward to what he will do

1. I've long thought that Chadwell needed to make a move - any move. He's a good coach, but at some point Charleston Southern's lack of funding/commitment to football was going to catch up with him.

2. Does leave open the question of whether there was something in Chadwells resume that was left wanting. There were a couple seemingly obvious landing spots that passed him up.

3. Sun Belt is what is is. App State won 9 games this year and played in a mid-December bowl game in Montgomery against a MAC team. App would have been playing for a national title in the FCS.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

I have had the impression that after the suspension fiasco, especially the way it was managed by the school's administration, Chadwell had pretty much decided it was time to get out of town.
    I never thought he was a good fit at Furman. He's a little too country and rough around the edges and wouldn't be the type of representative the school administration would want.
    I thought he would be a better fit at Chatty. Maybe there is something to the NCAA violation rumors?
    The CCU thing is somewhat surprising, but does offer a year out of the limelight for the NCAA thing to blow over, and then he is in a good spot if Moglia retires soon or Georgia Southern fires their coach next year.
    CSU has obviously known that Chadwell was probably leaving, so the rapid replacement is not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by walliver View Post
    I have had the impression that after the suspension fiasco, especially the way it was managed by the school's administration, Chadwell had pretty much decided it was time to get out of town.
    I never thought he was a good fit at Furman. He's a little too country and rough around the edges and wouldn't be the type of representative the school administration would want.
    I thought he would be a better fit at Chatty. Maybe there is something to the NCAA violation rumors?
    The CCU thing is somewhat surprising, but does offer a year out of the limelight for the NCAA thing to blow over, and then he is in a good spot if Moglia retires soon or Georgia Southern fires their coach next year.
    CSU has obviously known that Chadwell was probably leaving, so the rapid replacement is not unexpected.
    You cannot count on much, but you can count on Georgia Southern having to replace a head coach.
    FU all the time.

"It's not like we didn't know what was coming. We just couldn't stop them" -WCU head coach Kent Briggs

"The game we know and love literally grew up in the Southern Conference. To find the foundation for ACC and SEC football, you have to go the league’s roots. To find an appreciation for a brand of football often-overlooked and seldom-appreciated, we as fans should do the same."

Quote Originally Posted by walliver View Post
    Chadwell has been a finalist for another head coaching job every December for the last seven years going back to his days at D2 North Greenville. People can read into that what they will, no judgment here. However, there's no doubt that the CSU admin knew a very long time ago that this day would come.

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK dbackjon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Eastern View Post
    Moglia is close to 70 years old. This OC job could turn into an HC job in a few years if successful.

That is what I would guess - Chadwell was named Ass't HC. I bet Moglia is gone in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by dbackjon View Post
    That is what I would guess - Chadwell was named Ass't HC. I bet Moglia is gone in a year or two.
    He has 3 more years on his contract.

CSU lost a good one. But we've lost good ones before.

Currently Clemson QB coach Brandon Streeter (DeShawn Watsons mentor)
    Former NFL 49ers head coach Mike Tomsula.
    Current Baylor D Line coach Chris Achuff
    Current U of Louisiana Lafayette OC Jorge Munoz
    Current SMU special teams coordinator Daric Riley
    Newberry College HC Todd Knight (D2 playoff contender)
    Now OC/HCIW Jamey Chadwell

There's quite a few more but just off top of my head. It's not a MAC school or Ohio area hotbed. But little CSU is producing some nice coaches moving on after their days here.
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.

Kudos to Coastal. This is a great move by them.
    Yeah our stadium is a dump. But your mama has season tickets.