Especially for the JMU guys, you beat the champs. Now it's time to represent like champs. NDSU has made this weekend pretty lucrative for Frisco. Hopefully JMU and YSU can continue this. Here's few tips.

The staples:
Wild Pitch and Tight Ends Bar and Grills.

These two places have treated many of us well the past few years. They have been packed all weekend the past 5 years. They are also near many hotels. Don't mind the NDSU flags on the wall, and the owner is now an NDSU booster. You'll be treated well there.

Hint: If you guys bring some of your schools attire in their size they'll probably wear it.

Legacy Park, Plano:

This spot in nearby Plano has a bunch of bars and restaurants from club like places, more bar-bars, to sit down restaurants. There's also a few hotels nearby.

Here's an ad from last year. This is probably some of the stuff Cocky didn't care for. Oh well, we pretty much owned this area as well as the first two locations the past five years albeit not as much the first. Hopefully we get some good FCS representation this year as well.

Hotels: NDSU fans bought up most everything in the area a year ago. Most of these reservations will be cancelled. I would look at hotels near either the stadium, Wild Pitch/Tight Ends, or the Legacy Park area. Although even if you have to get something farther out, it's probably a fairly quick drive or uber to any of these destinations. Also, a lot of hotels will run shuttles to the game. Not sure when NDSU fans will let their rooms go, but I'd check often. I would assume most have a two week deadline for cancellation.

Tickets: If you don't get tickets thru your allotment, use flashseats. That is the official secondary market for this game, and they are e-tickets so they are authentic and can't be faked. They will also sell standing room only tickets sometime usually between Christmas and the New Year. There is plenty of standing room to watch the game if you're forced to go this route. Also check flashseats closer to the game even on gameday and you can most likely upgrade seats for cheap. If you have a flashseats account you could buy new or different tickets on your walk up to the stadium.

Tailgating: There is two lots on each side. IIRC, which ever side of the field your ticket allotment is, will be the lot your fanbase will tailgate in. Or at least suppose to. I believe you could park in there the night before, and also I believe they started letting NDSU folks in earlier than the start time they posted. They also have a tailgate town (?) area in between both tailgates close to the stadium with a bunch of games and what not. That would be an idea if your bringing kids.

The Game: They don't sell beer, but it's not difficult if you would like to sneak it in. I've seen a lot of fans drinking a beer and no one seems to care. They also have hospitality wrist bands that you can purchase that gets you early access to the game, a special lounge area, and free food and pop. They are sold out, but many Bison fans should be putting up some for sale. IIRC, they were at least $100+ for the wrist band.

The Airport:
The main airport is a fair distance away, and I believe Love Field is as well. So getting a cab back and forth vs. renting a car is about a horse a piece.

Other Stuff to do: Uptown Dallas. We hung out in that area one year. It's got a bunch of college like bars near SMU. That would be a decent option if your in town Thursday or want to get out of Frisco and do something different Saturday night.

The JFK shooting memorial and the FT. Worth Stockyards. We saw both of these during one of the trips. Both are fairly out of the way, but if it's something that interest you it might be worth it.

Restaurants:
I honestly don't have any recommendations here since when I've went down it's been a guys/party weekend and food kind of came secondary, but I know Oline and some other Bison posters could point you in the right direction of some good eats.

If any other Bison (or Sammy, ISU, JSU) fans have some ideas for folks making the trip. Suggest them here, and if you guys have any questions don't hesitate to ask.