I've been lurking on Twitter and on this board.

There certainly have been a lot of guys coming off as jerks from both sides of the coin, but let's lay out the facts.

Yes, the Southland Conference is probably as bad as it's been in the last decade.

Yes, playing nine league games when the league is this bad hurts the strength of schedule for most of the league schools. And quite frankly, I'm really agitated with the Southland's scheduling too. If I criticized a 'nine-game mandate' when the SWAC was doing it, I can certainly be critical when the Southland is doing it!

Yes, it would have been better if SHSU was able to play that New Mexico game instead of having to buy a game against Oklahoma Panhandle State of the Div II ranks. Though let's all applaud SHSU for upcoming games vs Richmond (at SHSU), home-and-home with North Dakota.

And yes, we really do not know what SHSU would do against the perceived 'heavyweights' of FCS so everyone here has the argument that the Bearkats are 'overrated' until proven otherwise.

However...

At the end of it all...

And clearly based off the first release of the committee's rankings...

If Sam Houston State is 11-0, there is no way the committee will slot them lower than a No. 2 seed.

You can make all sorts of arguments you want, but do you honestly think the committee will do something different? Do you think the committee would make Sam Houston State leave Bowers Stadium?