October 29th, 2016

Bucknell @ Charleston Southern - Bucknell continues to struggle, including a 3OT loss to SoCon bottom dweller VMI. Charleston Southern has it's swagger back after 21 days off, and rolls by at least 3 TD's in a rout. Even without Jamey Chadwell on the sideline, BUCS BY 24

Kennesaw State
@ Monmouth - CSU showed Monmouth a glimpse of the triple option some weeks back, but Monmouth will still be searching for a conference win after this one. Kennesaw just put up 40+ points on GWU and may reach close to that mark again this week in another possibly high scoring affair, OWLS BY 14

Coastal Carolina
@ Presbyterian - Struggles continue for PC and Henderson runs up, down, around, and through the Blue Hose defense. CHANTS BY 28

Gardner-Webb @Liberty - Liberty is undefeated in conference play, and keeps it that way against an improved GW team. May be closer than some think. FLAMES BY 10

WEEK 9 POWER RANKINGS

1. Charleston Southern (4-2) - No surprise here, Bucs are rolling and looking good doing it. Shaping up for a big matchup at Liberty in November for all of the conference marbles. I think they are still a clear favorite to win the Big South this year.

2. Liberty (4-3) - Still somewhat an unknown in my eyes, competition has either been REALLY GOOD or REALLY BAD, and all of their outcomes have been expected ones. Still, they are sitting at 2-0 in the conference and control their own destiny. Should go into the Charleston Southern game 4-0 in the conference.

3. Kennesaw State (5-2) - Big win over Gardner-Webb in a shootout. Loss to Liberty hurts their solo-title chances, but if they win out, they should have an opportunity to top CSU on the road in the season finale to secure a tie for the Big South.

4. Gardner-Webb (3-5) - Falls back to my 4th spot. Playing everyone close just can't find a way to secure W's in the end. Still a team that can catch some quality teams slipping.

5. Monmouth (4-4) - 0-2 in conference play. No real shot at a title this year even though there were high projections for them competing. Good chance they lose out and finish 4-7.

6. Presbyterian (2-5) - 2-9 finish very likely. Don't see them winning another game this year, sadly. Free conference win, anyone?