Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Sky Power Rankings 9-26

AGS FCS Expert

Big Sky Power Rankings 9-26

It does help these rankings to have a few conference marquee matchups to start the conference season as it does clear some things up. What is interesting is that Idaho State currently has more conference wins than Montana or Northern Arizona, something that may change as the year goes on (or maybe not). Here are this week's conference power rankings (last week in parenthesis). As usual, all are my opinion only so take it as you may.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---Last week won at Northern Arizona 50-35, this week UC-Davis at home---Eagles are going to score regardless of who is quarterbacking. Can anyone in the conference stop them?

2. Cal Poly (3)---Last week beat Montana at home 42-41, this week at North Dakota---Did you believe in the Mustangs after they beat South Dakota State? Or did you wait until Montana? Or are you still waiting to see how they do against North Dakota?

3. Montana (2)---Last week lost at Cal Poly 42-41, this week Southern Utah at home---The Grizzlies gave all they had last week but came up just short in the end. Things don't get any easier this weekend.

4. Southern Utah (6)---Last week beat Portland State at home 45-31, this week at Montana---The Thunderbirds showed Portland State they are not a bunch of Whos in Whoville. Now one to Montana.

5. North Dakota (5)---Last week won at Montana State 17-15, this week Cal Poly at home---The Hawks had a tougher than expected game, but still were able to come out on top.

6. Northern Arizona (4)---Last week lost to Eastern Washington at home 50-35, this week at Northern Colorado---The Jacks took their best shot at the Eagles, yet still came out on the short end. Is it time to regroup?

7. Montana State (8)---Last week lost to North Dakota at home 17-15, this week at Sacramento State---The Bobcats put quite a scare in the Hawks at home. Are they beginning to approach the top this year?

8. Northern Colorado (10)---Last week bye, this week Northern Arizona at home---The Bears took last week off to prepare for the Lumberjacks this weekend. if they want to be mentioned with the big boys, they need a win.

9. Portland State (7)---Last week lost at Southern Utah 45-31, this week Idaho State at home---The sharp increase in turnovers as well the lack of a pass defense has to be alarming to the Vikings at this point of the year.

10. Weber State (9)---Last week won at UC-Davis 38-35, this week bye---The Wildcats were supposed to be a darkhorse contender this year but two close wins over the lower tier of the conference has a few scratching their heads.

11. UC-Davis (11)---Last week lost to Weber State at home 38-35, this week at Eastern Washington---The Aggies get their turn at the mighty Eagle team after a close loss at home to the Wildcats.

12. Idaho State (12)---Last week beat Sacramento State at home 42-34, this week at Portland State---The Bengals outlasted the Hornets last week. Can they duplicate the feat this week as they face the reeling Vikings.

13. Sacramento State (13)---Last week lost at Idaho State 42-34, this week Montana State at home---Once again, the Hornets did not quit against a conference opponent. This week's opponent is a bit more formidable.

RECAP: 1-3 packed together, 4-6 just a step back, 7-10 trying to keep up, 11-12 still holding, 13 staying put

First Class FCS Advocate
    My Team
    Montana State

Re: Big Sky Power Rankings 9-26

I'm not sure we're better than Portland State. While I think our D is legit, we have 0 offense. and without an offense your not going to win many games.

The Sultan of Sarcasm Grizalltheway's Avatar
    My Team
    Good Ol' Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBobcat View Post
    I'm not sure we're better than Portland State. While I think our D is legit, we have 0 offense. and without an offense your not going to win many games.
    Not sure you can really say your D is "legit" based on the opposition so far. Slow down NAU and you may be on to something...

AGS FCS Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBobcat View Post
    Without a pass defense in this conference, you aren't going to win any games. Bobcats have looked good against Idaho and North Dakota. Vikings' defense looked terrible in all the games so far, including against CWU.

My Team
    North Dakota

I think UND suffers a bit from sub-par kicking last week and a late let-up against MSU, but thats okay - we haven't really earned anything yet. Really looking forward to strength on strength w/CP coming to town next weekend.

Top FCS Ruler
    My Team
    Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by ClassB View Post
    I think UND suffers a bit from sub-par kicking last week and a late let-up against MSU, but thats okay - we haven't really earned anything yet. Really looking forward to strength on strength w/CP coming to town next weekend.
    Sup-par kicking yes. Late game let-up? Not how I would characterize a game that you were behind until almost the end of the third qtr.

It was a game between two teams with decent defenses and lousy offenses (at least on that day). The team that made fewer mistakes won, as it should be. Hopefully both our teams will find an offense quickly.

First Class FCS Ruler
    My Team
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Catbooster View Post
    Sup-par kicking yes. Late game let-up? Not how I would characterize a game that you were behind until almost the end of the third qtr.

It was a game between two teams with decent defenses and lousy offenses (at least on that day). The team that made fewer mistakes won, as it should be. Hopefully both our teams will find an offense quickly.
    This. I think we have a great chance to beat Cal Poly this week though. Our D did pretty well containing their run offense last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbooster View Post

UND was up 7-6 at halftime. Not that it matters, both offenses were F'n ugly.
    Poster formerly named:
    Sioux

First Class FCS Ruler geaux_sioux's Avatar

There was no late game let up. You guys made a play to get back in it just like we made a play to seal it.

My Team
    Montana

Cal-Poly won their annual super bowl against Montana....now theyll begin to slide like they do every year.....watch them play .500 ball here on out