Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Carson Wentz

The Don of the MVFC Mafia
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

Re: Carson Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Maybe part of the issue lies with Carson?
    Absolutely it does. But he's regressed under Pederson. Hell putting a guy out there and having him pass 60+ times to that group of receivers and behind that patchwork line? Pederson himself has repeatedly said the Eagles need to have a more balanced attack and need to mix in the run more. That was a week after their previous loss where Carson threw 40+ times and Pederson said it was to much. Pederson is an idiot.
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Or...maybe Wentz needs to take action and stop saying there's nothing wrong with him. He repeatedly insists that the isn't doesn't belong with him at all.

“I don’t think it’s the mechanics,” Wentz said after Sunday’s loss. “You make mistakes. Things happen.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/theres-...011427565.html

Carson Wentz doesn’t believe he has issues with his throwing mechanics. Some NFL evaluators disagree.

That was the takeaway after the Philadelphia Eagles’ 32-14 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, which featured a three-interception outing from Wentz and one of his worst performances of his rookie season. The quarterback has come back to earth after a stunning 3-0 start to the season. Now several personnel evaluators familiar with the Eagles and Wentz are pointing to a common thread, one that the quarterback and coaching staff may not share agreement.

That’s the common theme in the assessments of multiple NFL personnel evaluators who say Wentz is exhibiting some of the mechanical flaws that he illustrated prior to the NFL draft. And evaluators say they are manifesting in accuracy issues and the length of time it takes for Wentz to deliver the ball after making a decision.

Two issues in particular are sticking out to those who have viewed the rookie quarterback: a long-armed looping windup that needs to be more compact; and an awkward arm position in the middle of his throwing motion that is slowing down his delivery.

One NFC East source likened Wentz’s arm positioning to something from a baseball pitcher. Another evaluator said the rookie displayed “bountiful bad arm angles” during his throwing motion.

“[The] ball is dropped down, turned out, then looped back around,” one evaluator said. “With his long arms and that motion, [it’s] very hard to be accurate. Especially on the move. … [The] inability to get the ball out quick and on time is key.”

The motion was also something that concerned the Cleveland Browns in their scouting evaluations of Wentz, prior to their trading of the No. 2 overall pick to the Eagles. A Browns source told Yahoo Sports Wentz’s motion was noted in draft evaluations – though he also maintained trading the No. 2 pick was more about netting draft picks than not liking Wentz.

Interestingly, a league source told Yahoo Sports that restyling Wentz’s throwing motion was an important bullet point on the Eagles’ offseason docket, but that the team was able to make only marginal progress before the start of the regular season. According to the source, those efforts were spearheaded by Eagles head coach Doug Pederson and offensive coordinator Frank Reich, both former NFL quarterbacks.

Maybe it's all Pederson's fault that Wentz's motion has gotten significantly worse...near Tebow like, really. Another part of the article notes that on throws last weekend he was dropping the ball all the way to his waist, which they say he did in college also.

The Eagles need to work to fix it, but if Wentz isn't willing to admit it's a mechanical issue there may be no hope for any coaching staff to get his mechanics in line.

Attached Images Attached Images

I used to care about UNI football. May well again some day....

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    Pederson has F'd up the Eagles worse than Kelly did.

Woooooooooo..... Um............ no. Chip Kelly has now again just set back another franchise 5 years.

AGS FCS Champion

For clenzy,

There's no question Carson has regressed. His throwing motion has regressed a bit, little more loopy on his wind up/slower and lower release, I believe that has lead to more batted balls at the line. Most of his int's are because of his foot work, throwing off his back foot or not stepping into throws or toward his target leads to high or inaccurate throws. It's one of those things that recurs when he's under duress which he has been much of the last 10 games. He needs to keep working at it and the coaches will drill it into him over the off season. They had him dialed in at the beginning of the season so he is capable of adjusting but when you are getting pounded you tend to lose focus and fall back on old habits. A full off season will do wonders IMO. He also needs to be a bit more quicker with his decisions. Quite a few times against Cincy it looked like he second guessed himself or the receiver. Appeared ready to pull the trigger but hesitated a bit. Needs to trust his instincts and get the ball out quicker. That's why a lot of his throws are a bit behind the receiver on crossing routes. A lot of that has to do with the revolving personnel at WR/oline and experience. He proved he is more then capable when he has good personnel around him. Hopefully they can upgrade the roster in the offseason.

Best thing Philly's brass can do is get him oline and RB help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator View Post
    A lot of that has to do with the revolving personnel at WR/oline and experience. He proved he is more then capable when he has good personnel around him. Hopefully they can upgrade the roster in the offseason.
    To be fair, very....very....few NFL caliber quarterbacks have proven they are capable with good personnel around them.

I don't disagree that the talent around him hasn't helped, but to ignore HIS regression and HIS refusal to acknowledge that is just homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Or...maybe Wentz needs to take action and stop saying there's nothing wrong with him. He repeatedly insists that the isn't doesn't belong with him at all.

Maybe it's all Pederson's fault that Wentz's motion has gotten significantly worse...near Tebow like, really. Another part of the article notes that on throws last weekend he was dropping the ball all the way to his waist, which they say he did in college also.

The Eagles need to work to fix it, but if Wentz isn't willing to admit it's a mechanical issue there may be no hope for any coaching staff to get his mechanics in line.

If you can't figure out with a receiving corp like that you shouldn't be throwing it 60+ times a game there is no debating with you. Pederson is an idiot plain and simple. This year and next will prove it. That is if they give him that long.
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

13 give aways, including 11 INT in 9 games isn't on Pederson.

Like I said there is no debating with you. Carry on.

I'm still waiting to hear what games Philly loses if Wentz doesn't play.

I'm not sure the issue in this debate is me.