Thread: Carson Wentz

AGS FCS Master

Re: Carson Wentz

Alshon Jeffrey to the Eagles.

They also signed Torrey Smith earlier.

AGS FCS Master

AGS FCS Champion
    Where ever I happen to be when you are reading this!

I'm cautiously optimistic on Jefferies, not so much so on Smith. I still hope they pick up a WR in the draft not to mention some defensive secondary!!
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

AGS FCS Master

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic on Jefferies, not so much so on Smith. I still hope they pick up a WR in the draft not to mention some defensive secondary!!
    They rostered 5 last year. They already have now, Jeffrey, Smith, Agholor, Green-Becham, Matthews, and Tryggs. I'm sure they'll add some more through the draft or the free agency period after the draft, but that's a pretty full WR room.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    They rostered 5 last year. They already have now, Jeffrey, Smith, Agholor, Green-Becham, Matthews, and Tryggs. I'm sure they'll add some more through the draft or the free agency period after the draft, but that's a pretty full WR room.
    Last year according to PFF Agholor was 119 out of 120 rated WR's in the NFL. That's second to last as far as rating. You know who was 120? Smith. Let that sink in for a minute.
    If God didn't want us to hunt, He wouldn't have given us plaid shirts--Floyd R. Turbo
    I only kill in self defense-what would you do if a rabbit pulled a knife on you?. Floyd R. Turbo
    We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics.

AGS FCS Champion

I hope I'm wrong on this but unless both of them pick up their games big time teams will just double up on Jeffries and single cover the rest of these guys cuz they can't catch a dam ball. Last year in SF Smith dropped 25% of the balls thrown to him that were rated as "catchable". I've been listening to 94WIP all day today and these guys until the Jeffries news were sick at the thought of the WR corp the Eagles were going to field.

AGS FCS Master

The thing is if Jeffries, Matthews, and Green-Beckham are healthy and playing well Agholor and Smith can park themselves on the bench. This is an athletic group of WRs. Not the friendliest of hands, but is what it is. Hopefully they can find between 2 and 3 guys every week that are healthy and playing well.

Outside of RB, they are fairly set on offense. That leaves a whole draft to build the defense. I'm still not sure how Howie plans to get everything under the cap tho.

AGS Circle of Influence Member

Jeffery hasn't been healthy in 3 years.

He's been hurt in 3 of his 5 seasons

I used to care about UNI football. May well again some day....

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Jeffery hasn't been healthy in 3 years.

He's been hurt in 3 of his 5 seasons
    Exactly, not to mention he seems to have issues like Lane Johnson on the PED's. If he can stay not only healthy but clean well then I'm ok with him. But outside of Matthews who can catch the ball the other two DGB and Agholor better get rid of the dropsies and start catching the dam ball otherwise it's just going to be another frustrating year for the Eagles. Ya gotta like the fact though that Jeffries turned down a more secure deal with the vikings to go to Philly. He knew the QB situation in Minny is crap. Bradford isn't taking them anywhere and Bridgewater in my opinion has seen his last game in the NFL.

AGS FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    The thing is if Jeffries, Matthews, and Green-Beckham are healthy and playing well Agholor and Smith can park themselves on the bench. This is an athletic group of WRs. Not the friendliest of hands, but is what it is. Hopefully they can find between 2 and 3 guys every week that are healthy and playing well.

Outside of RB, they are fairly set on offense. That leaves a whole draft to build the defense. I'm still not sure how Howie plans to get everything under the cap tho.
    Garbage