Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
Personally I would flip the WCU-UNH game and the UTC-UR games.
Yeah, they are both close calls. I can see making an argument for the WCU-UNH as <, >, or = and I can see calling UTC-UR as real close, but here's the way I looked at it...

I know Chatt has A LOT coming back (even without Jacob Huesman) and they brought in a couple of solid transfers + a very strong FR signing class. If I assume Richmond has and did the same, then I have to look at last year to make the call.

They were both 4 loss Teams.
1) They were both blown out in the money games by P5 Schools (Maryland & Florida State)
2) They both had a 'bad' close loss to a non-playoff Team in their conferences (Villanova & Mercer)
3) They both lost in the Playoffs to a National Finalist (NDSU & Jax State).

Some difference can be argued in these season-ending losses for both - the Spiders were blown out by the Bison and the Mocs took the Gamecocks to OT - both on the road.

...but, even if we call those losses a 'wash,' I have to look at that 4th loss for both to make the call...

4) Chatt lost a season-opening heartbreaker to an FCS National Finalist (those same Gamecocks) while Richmond lost to a 4th-6th place CAA Team that 'backed into' and made an early 1st round exit from the Playoffs losing to a PL Team (UNH).

Mocs win by a nose: UTC > Richmond