I know it's never simple especially at the FCS level with limited budgets, but what has your Athletic department done to kick off the football season? Or any sport for that matter?

When do they start advertising that season tickets are on sale?
When do they start selling tailgate spots or renewing those from last year?
When do they start advertising athletic booster brunches etc?
Do they personally call or write the fans to purchase those tickets/tailgate spots/fundraise or do they hope fans will make an effort to do those things?
How often do they update your athletic website with current year information and photos?
Do they ever ask for volunteers to help them with these processes?

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being poor and 10 being excellent, how do you rate what appears to be the effort put out by your Athletic Office?

I'm giving my Athletic department a 3.

As good people as serve our Athletic department are, there "appears" to be very little effort to do those things listed above. Especially to look for volunteers to assist with many aspects they appear to not have time to do.

For example, if you want to buy tickets to any athletic event at UCA you go to their website and click "tickets" then "buy tickets" and you get this:

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

If you want to see how much tickets cost you go to "tickets" and then "ticket prices" and you get this:

University of Central Arkansas
Athletics Ticket Department
Ticket Prices

2015 Football

Season Tickets Game Day Tickets

Or articles about our facilities that describe them:

Luxury suites will be in place at Estes Stadium for the 2012 season, giving fans a comfortable, unique viewing experience with many amenities. And there has been much buzz about the unprecedented purple and gray artificial turf for the football field, which was installed in the summer of 2011 to much fanfare.

OUTDATED.

I have yet to receive a phone call or email or letter asking to purchase a tailgate spot or season ticket.

The website carries outdated construction photographs of excellent facilities. It's pathetic. Hence the reason I asked the question about the department NOT asking for volunteers to assist in updating those things.

What's your take on your department? While this looks like a slam on my school, I'm actually looking to see if anyone else has the same issues and if not, how they corrected them! I know we're just fans and the athletic admins don't know us from jack....but I bet many of us here wouldn't mind helping in some way to give visitors and fans a better experience. And yes, it has been offered to UCA several times by many different people but they act like they just don't know where to start.