Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedules

Re: 2018 Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    NDSU still has open dates in 2018 on Sep 8, 15 and 22. I know many would like an FBS game somewhere in there, but I'm sensing not a lot of interest from the big boys. (Wimps.) So, perhaps those of y'all with open dates and looking for a game could encourage your AD's to give Fargo some consideration. Great weather in September, among the best tailgating in college football and you'll be welcomed warmly, plus, good gosh, who DOESN'T want to see Fargo at least once in their lifetime? We'd love to see some new faces in the dome. And we'll treat you nice, right up to kickoff.
    Surprised by this. Quick, any Ivy interested in scheduling the top tier FCS teams such as this?
    Ivy League Football: Since the latter half of the 20th century, slowly self-destructing to become irrelevant in the scene that they used to dominate, not too many fans among the younger generations, rusting their potentials in the process.
    Before, I liked a lot about Harvard football. Now, not so much. They are the main perpetrators of why Ivy League football has lost its popularity and it may never go back to what it used to be.

Duquesne @ UMass posted earlier is confirmed.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/05/u...hwestern-2019/
    Ivy League Football: Since the latter half of the 20th century, slowly self-destructing to become irrelevant in the scene that they used to dominate, not too many fans among the younger generations, rusting their potentials in the process.
    Before, I liked a lot about Harvard football. Now, not so much. They are the main perpetrators of why Ivy League football has lost its popularity and it may never go back to what it used to be.

Tennessee State vs Hampton in the 2018 Circle City Classic at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis

https://hbcusports.com/

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

Quote Originally Posted by ASU33 View Post
    Tennessee State vs Hampton in the 2018 Circle City Classic at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis

https://hbcusports.com/
    That's really cool. I know that some of the HBCU "classics" are tradition out east and in the south, but we haven't seen much of them in the Midwest right? I don't think I'd heard about this one or the one in Chicago before last year. Am I just way out of the loop, or are they relatively new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

Quote Originally Posted by ST_Lawson View Post
    That's really cool. I know that some of the HBCU "classics" are tradition out east and in the south, but we haven't seen much of them in the Midwest right? I don't think I'd heard about this one or the one in Chicago before last year. Am I just way out of the loop, or are they relatively new?

The Chicago Classic has been going since 1997. For the last 4 seasons there hasn't been any FCS HBCUs in the game it's been SIAC and CIAA HBCUs playing in it until this season where Grambling is a participant. The Circle City Classic has ben going since 1983 but like the Chicago Classic since 2013 its been Central D2 HBCUs from SIAC/CIAA participating. Both the Chicago Classic and Circle City Classic attendance have fallen since the FCS HBCUs haven't been playing in them. Attendance for these two were usually over the 50,000 mark with the FCS HBCUs have now fallen around the 30,000 mark with the D2s. The Circle City Classic is usually one of the most attended Classics but the matchups lately haven't gotten the buz like they once did when it was the larger HBCUs playing.

2003 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Eastern Division Champions
    2004 SWAC Conference Champions
    2007 Liberty Bowl Champions(Hail State)
    3x 1st Team All SWAC/ 2007 2nd team All-SEC

BZ Nupe!

Quote Originally Posted by ASU33 View Post
    The Chicago Classic has been going since 1997. For the last 4 seasons there hasn't been any FCS HBCUs in the game it's been SIAC and CIAA HBCUs playing in it until this season where Grambling is a participant. The Circle City Classic has ben going since 1983 but like the Chicago Classic since 2013 its been Central D2 HBCUs from SIAC/CIAA participating. Both the Chicago Classic and Circle City Classic attendance have fallen since the FCS HBCUs haven't been playing in them. Attendance for these two were usually over the 50,000 mark with the FCS HBCUs have now fallen around the 30,000 mark with the D2s. The Circle City Classic is usually one of the most attended Classics but the matchups lately haven't gotten the buz like they once did when it was the larger HBCUs playing.
    Ah, I see. So they've been going for a while, just not FCS in recent history. That would explain why I hadn't heard much about them. Thanks for the info.

Admin of LeatherneckNation.net
    Alumnus/Employee/Fan of Western Illinois University
    WIU Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000

UC Davis will return to Stanford.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/05/s...ball-schedule/

FCS Champion

The Citadel at Alabama - 17 Nov 2018, for a cool $500K. First time meeting. We do have three wins over SEC teams, but probably not this time.

Also got Ga Tech in 2019 and Ole Miss in 2025.

First Class FCS Advocate CenMEBlackBearFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aceinthehole View Post
    Duquesne (NEC) will play 2 FBS opponents in 2018:

@ Hawaii
    @ UMass
    Well 1.5 FBS opponents. We can say that as we play UMass at Fenway this yr and hoping for our 2nd straight win over the Minutemen

FCS Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    NDSU still has open dates in 2018 on Sep 8, 15 and 22. I know many would like an FBS game somewhere in there, but I'm sensing not a lot of interest from the big boys. (Wimps.) So, perhaps those of y'all with open dates and looking for a game could encourage your AD's to give Fargo some consideration. Great weather in September, among the best tailgating in college football and you'll be welcomed warmly, plus, good gosh, who DOESN'T want to see Fargo at least once in their lifetime? We'd love to see some new faces in the dome. And we'll treat you nice, right up to kickoff.
    I would love it if Sam Houston could put together a home and home with NDSU. I would ignore the complaints of my wife and make that trip.
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right.