Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    AGS FCS Champion FormerPokeCenter's Avatar

Re: A racial double standard amongst quarterbacks

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Yes but the timing of it was what raised flags if I remember correctly. Didn't it happen during the season or during the draft process? I remember some teams thinking it showed immaturity of someone who is not ready to be a franchise QB. There were people who had 2nd round grades on him. I don't remember all the details and would have to look it up but I remember thinking it was not a huge deal but the timing just looked bad.
    Yeah, the timing definitely sucked. It was after the season, but before the draft...

That should be a "dead period" for partying or anything even remotely risky...
    - Former Poke Center

Proud Participant in The 24 Hours of Booty bicycle ride to raise money for the war on cancer, July 24-25, 7 pm to 7 pm, at Queens University and Myers Park Traditional School, Charlotte, NC. All monies raised go to toward LiveSTRONG and a variety of cancer fighting initiatives devoted to early detection, survivorship and research. All donations are tax deductible.

To contribute, go to:

https://events.24foundation.org/fundraise?fcid=889656

AGS FCS Champion

Re: A racial double standard amongst quarterbacks

Quote Originally Posted by FormerPokeCenter View Post
    Yeah, the timing definitely sucked. It was after the season, but before the draft...

That should be a "dead period" for partying or anything even remotely risky...
    I was thinking it was something like that. I know scouts put up a big red flag on any player who fails a drug test at the NFL Combine (because they know it is coming) and anyone who gets arrested or charged with anything between the end of the season and the draft because players know all eyes are on them and they expect players to be very low key and not get into any trouble.