Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lauletta Bandwagon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Lauletta Bandwagon

Alright, now that Wentz is in the NFL. I'm jumping on this kids bandwagon. I'm not a scout but I did stay at a holiday inn and I watched a ton of film on the top QB prospects this past year. I was really impressed with this guy when he came to the Fargodome.

Now, I will say he's no where near Wentz right now, but he's only a sophomore or was. Arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, and decision making I thought he was easily second to only Wentz in all of those categories for quarterbacks I saw. Could be a fun ride for you Spider fans. I do think Wentz/Flacco is certainly a ceiling and realistically he's more of a mid rounds prospect around Garapollo levels of hype.

Definitely way too early to be making these predictions, but since I have a keyboard and don't really have any kind of reputation of evaluating players to up hold, why not. Curious what you Richmond/CAA guys think? Also, wouldn't mind if SCFF threw his 2 cents in as well.

The Nickelback of AGS

My Team
    North Dakota State

Re: Lauletta Bandwagon

When was Richmond on offense in the Bison game. I must of been taking a piss. Remember the two picks. That aside (off season trash talk) who knows, looks like he could be OK.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Alright, now that Wentz is in the NFL. I'm jumping on this kids bandwagon. I'm not a scout but I did stay at a holiday inn and I watched a ton of film on the top QB prospects this past year. I was really impressed with this guy when he came to the Fargodome.

Now, I will say he's no where near Wentz right now, but he's only a sophomore or was. Arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, and decision making I thought he was easily second to only Wentz in all of those categories for quarterbacks I saw. Could be a fun ride for you Spider fans. I do think Wentz/Flacco is certainly a ceiling and realistically he's more of a mid rounds prospect around Garapollo levels of hype.

Definitely way too early to be making these predictions, but since I have a keyboard and don't really have any kind of reputation of evaluating players to up hold, why not. Curious what you Richmond/CAA guys think? Also, wouldn't mind if SCFF threw his 2 cents in as well.
    Wasnt impressed with him at all. His WR saved his bacon more than anything else. Especially in the ISr game.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    Wasnt impressed with him at all. His WR saved his bacon more than anything else. Especially in the ISr game.
    On the road in the Fargodome playing from behind the entire game with a running game that's averaging sub 2 yards a carry. How much more can you stack against a QB? Our D line lived in the backfield the entire game. I came away, with some wow moments where he either delivered a perfect strike so quickly the pressure didn't matter or he made a nice move to escape the pocket and found a wide receiver.

Like I said earlier I watched a lot of this QB class and I can't put him in Goff/Wentz territory, but when I look at the middle round guys I can't find many reasons to like them any better than Kyle. Time will tell, what's fun to think about is what can he become with two more years under his belt. Who knows, Hackenberg was suppose to be the unanimous #1 pick this year two years ago.

My Team
    North Dakota State

On the road in the Fargodome playing from behind the entire game with a running game that's averaging sub 2 yards a carry. How much more can you stack against a QB? Our D line lived in the backfield the entire game. I came away, with some wow moments where he either delivered a perfect strike so quickly the pressure didn't matter or he made a nice move to escape the pocket and found a wide receiver.

Like I said earlier I watched a lot of this QB class and I can't put him in Goff/Wentz territory, but when I look at the middle round guys I can't find many reasons to like them any better than Kyle. Time will tell, what's fun to think about is what can he become with two more years under his belt. Who knows, Hackenberg was suppose to be the unanimous #1 pick this year two years ago.
    The kid will have to blow up big time to get a look. If he were to come out now I doubt he would be invited to a mini camp.

My eval was watching him play against 2 other teams last year not his performance in Fargo which was underwhelming.
    Last edited by Bisonoline; May 5th, 2016 at 02:06 PM.
    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

Opportunity is unattainable for most people because it is disguised as hard work!!

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    The kid will have to blow up big time to get a look. If he were to come out now I doubt he would be invited to a mini camp.

My eval was watching him play against 2 other teams last year not his performance in Fargo which was underwhelming.
    Coming out now would be really foolish. Even leaving after next year would not be smart. In the NFL you get pretty much one shot to get your foot in the door and even if you make a roster/practice squad you may never see significant live reps.

I'm assuming one of the games was Ill St, what was the other?

AGS FCS Champion

Coming out now would be really foolish. Even leaving after next year would not be smart. In the NFL you get pretty much one shot to get your foot in the door and even if you make a roster/practice squad you may never see significant live reps.

No small school player except for a guy like Noah Spence has any business coming out early.

Kyle better stay in school. QBs especially need to stay and develop. Look at how many seniors are complete busts. That's why I know players who want to challenge could probably win and remove the NFL forcing them to wait to come play but the rules to make players stay 3 years is there to help them develop. The NFL is very hard. Many seniors can't cut it and I don't care how good you are in high school or as a freshman but you aren't ready. While maybe Leonard Fournette could have come out last year he was one player and if he had then 40 others who would have been complete busts would come out and then not have a degree. Kyle should get his degree and play all eligibility and then try for the NFL. He could use the time to get stronger, bigger, and be a better passer.

My Team
    North Dakota State

Of course coming out now would be foolish. How you extrapolated my statement and came to that conclusion has be baffled. I used it as a bar to show what level he is at.

AGS FCS Champion

Real good college player. Has a ways to go. I never try to lean one way or the other too much on sophomore film because so much can change. The arm strength has to improve but that is soemthing that could get a lot better or could be maxed out already. He's on my list to watch this fall and see how he looks. I can see why you would mark his name as a guy to watch.

Just remember, Carson Wentz doesn't come through FCS often. The last time we had a true Wentz level QB was McNair. Flacco is a FBS transfer so I don't count him as a true small school QB.

Windmill Cancer Survivor
    My Team
    NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by SmallCollegeFBFan View Post
    Real good college player. Has a ways to go. I never try to lean one way or the other too much on sophomore film because so much can change. The arm strength has to improve but that is soemthing that could get a lot better or could be maxed out already. He's on my list to watch this fall and see how he looks. I can see why you would mark his name as a guy to watch.

Just remember, Carson Wentz doesn't come through FCS often. The last time we had a true Wentz level QB was McNair. Flacco is a FBS transfer so I don't count him as a true small school QB.
    Yeah, I'm not thinking Wentz first round levels for Kyle, but draftable I think he can get there. Arm strength certainly could use some improvements, but I don't think it's bad especially for FCS level. Also would like to see him add 10-15 lbs. A couple reasons I'm bullish on this guy is decision making and footwork. I thought both areas he was very advanced for a sophomore, but like you said we've got a long way to go hopefully he doesn't plateau or even worse regress.

Thanks for the input, wish some of the CAA guys would chime in but there too busy arguing about subsidies.