Thread: spring game ...against another school?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Team
    Ohio State

Re: spring game ...against another school?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonoline View Post
    The spring game is the most boring crap in the world. If it werent for tailgate I wouldnt even think of going.
    For us Ohio State fans, it's the ONLY chance of seeing the team in person...while getting a nice sun tan. I remember seeing Earle Bruce's teams in person -- the annual steak vs. baked beans/hot dog intrasquad game (winner gets steak).

As far as getting tickets in the regular season, forget it. As far as seeing Ohio State on TV that would be against Michigan on ABC TV and on a New Year's Day bowl game. A whopping 2 times a year. Glad those days are over.

The spring game could be pepped-up at the FCS level by having a punt, pass and kick competition for the youngsters who wear the school's jersey during halftime or before the game itself.

You could get the alumni band to play as well, or a rock band playing 'Hang on Sloopy' and the school's fight song.

Have like a cornhole tournament in the parking lot before the game as well...using football scoring (3 points for nearest the hole, and 7 points for going thru the hole).

You could have the bookstore's merchandise on sale near the concession stands -- jerseys, baseball caps, t-shirts, etc.

You could have the mascot as the QB for a few plays to make everyone laugh.

I don't see the marketing at the FCS level to make it a memorable spring event.

You could have a hospital situation kid run a play for a touchdown.

You could have the cheerleaders play a flag football game wearing full tackle football uniforms against each other too.

You could have a dunking machine too. Everytime the team gets a first down some school celebrity has the possibility of getting dunked by a kid throwing a baseball at the dunking machine arm.

You could have a bingo game during the game. Everytime someone gets a first down, makes a tackle, etc. a square is announced (the player's number) over the PA.

What I like the most is having a million dollar lottery at the end of the game. Your ticket is an entry for a million dollar annuity paid over the course of 20 years, beginning in 20 years. You could have confetti and champagne dumped on the winner at the end of the game.

You could have a lottery for some lucky student (in attendance) to have free tuition for a year.
    Last edited by Boogs; April 6th, 2016 at 10:52 PM.