Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 JMU vs. #14 Richmond

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    FCS Master

#1 JMU vs. #14 Richmond

i don't think there is a game thread yet unless i skimmed over it.

any thoughts on the game? would like to hear about the actual game here.

FCS Master

Re: #1 JMU vs. #14 Richmond

someone (BigHouse?) asked about JMU's injuries from the last game. or maybe it was injuries in general.

there aren't many; we've been remarkably healthy all year. bumps, bruises, but nothing big.

the two that were injured against Elon were starting safety Marcell Johnson (sprained AC joint) and starting center Dominick Richards (hyperextended elbow). neither practiced Sunday, but Withers said the injuries are minor and expects both to play Saturday.

starting nose tackle Simeyon Robinson has been suspended for the past 5 games and is eligible to play as of Saturday. he was playing extremely well but we haven't missed a beat without him. not sure if he will be back or not, but he's at least eligible. if he does play, i would think it would be as part of a rotation, not as a starter.

FCS Master

we're going to talk about this game, whether it's me talking to myself or not. I'm totally cool with that. you are? yep, I am.

I'll talk to you.

Seth Fisher is going to be a game time decision. He'd be a critical loss because of the way he runs - gives the run game some attitude.

In looking back at last year's game down here, we did a terrible job of taking care of the football and our secondary played a miserable game. Our secondary is much improved this year. If we can take care of the football, i think we have a decent shot to win. If we don't, we'll get our doors blown off like we did last year.

Timing is great on this one.

My take is a little cautionary. JMU on paper looks like a juggernaut by looking at scores and stats - though when you look at the competition, I'm just not sure how high to mark this team. I think any outcome 20 points or more over UR would tell me that this JMU team could go through the entire schedule and playoffs without a dent.

On Richmond, kind of similar to above. The schedule has been filled so far with primarily sub-par teams. The Hampton game also still sticks in my mind.

On CAA wins by both teams so far, the victims have been: Elon, UAlbany, URI, Maine, Towson and Stony Brook. That's pretty much the bottom of the league.

I think Richmond will want to serve some payback from last year (I think they were shellshocked) but the energy and activity in Harrisonburg on Saturday will be electric. I think JMU wins by 10 and will have their toughest test other than SMU.

My Team
    Chattanooga

I have no dog in this, but I would love to see a strong performance by UR. This year the FCS has had a few opportunities to Showcase what we have to offer on a national stage, and those teams made it exciting. I think JMU is the real deal, and could walk this one to the bank....however, a close and exciting game is what we need.....SO, Go Spiders!!!!!
    I STILL HATE MARSHALL!​ Every time I see that movie, I root for Xavier!!!!!!!

I think JMU will turn the ball over 3 times (2 picks and a fumble) but still win by 9+.

My take is UR will strike first (7-0), JMU will respond and be up 21-17 at the half. JMU explodes in the 3rd to go up 38-24, and UR puts up a fight late but falls 45-34.

Unfortunately for Dukes fans, Lee sustains a non-throwing shoulder injury and is out 3-4 weeks. Also, JMU's strong safety is suspended "indefinitely" just two days after the game for a team rule violation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    The College of William & Mary: COP free since 1693

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal View Post
    I think JMU will turn the ball over 3 times (2 picks and a fumble) but still win by 9+.

My take is UR will strike first (7-0), JMU will respond and be up 21-17 at the half. JMU explodes in the 3rd to go up 38-24, and UR puts up a fight late but falls 45-34.

Unfortunately for Dukes fans, Lee sustains a non-throwing shoulder injury and is out 3-4 weeks. Also, JMU's strong safety is suspended "indefinitely" just two days after the game for a team rule violation.

This is really specific...like in a "Biff got ahold of the sports results and used a time machine" way...

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal View Post

What kind of odds could I get on a bet like this?

Quote Originally Posted by seattlespider View Post
    What kind of odds could I get on a bet like this?
    You don't want to bet against me. Anyway, I'm not coming to Seattle to collect.

The College of William & Mary: COP free since 1693