Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yale fans

Re: Yale fans

Quote Originally Posted by Grizalltheway View Post
    You guys are getting a great one. Both the Griz and Cats wanted him badly, but it was always a long shot with how sharp the kid is.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/sto...yale/31268751/
    Glad to have him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2376679/andrew-grinde

Quote Originally Posted by Sader87 View Post
    I remember the name Tony Hinz (who went to the same hs as Grinde and played at Harvard in the 80s)...wasn't he a back too?
    Yes, Hinz was a back. Was the only player from the Ivies drafted his senior year. Hurt his knee during camp, I think the Patriots, and moved on to med school the next year. His dad also played for Harvard and became a doctor. Great family. Hid dad and I are good friends. We played city league hoops together back in the day. The dad was a great doctor. Helped my family through a very tough time when our baby was born with big problems. I know the Grinde family too. My son used to play with the Grinde boys when they were elementary school age. Grinde is a terrific player. He would have been better off at a better school like Dartmouth (don't you think Go Green), but he'll get by at Yale.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/sto...l-us/87464316/

For Derrick Lett, his incoming running back from Montana checks off all the necessary boxes.

Speed. Strength. Competitiveness.
    The full package is how Lett, who’s entering his second season as running backs coach for the Yale Bulldogs, describes former C.M. Russell High standout Andrew Grinde.
    On the East Coast is where the 2014 Montana Gatorade Player of the Year has been stationed since July 2.

Major FCS Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by Go Green View Post
    You can make a case that getting rid of freshman football made Ivy teams more competitive by allowing freshmen to be eligible for the varsity. But nobody is forcing a player to be on the JV. If he's playing JV games, then chances are he's at best a fringe varsity player.

JV games can be helpful in developing young talent who have older guys ahead of them on the depth chart. Big Green Alert talked about JV programs' relevance today a few weeks ago.

http://biggreenalertblog.blogspot.co...undercard.html

At worst, they are harmless. They cost nothing to run. Charting a bus for a day trip and paying officials is about it. Everything else is already covered in the operating budget.
    So what's the bottom line? Are IL Freshmen, and/or Sophomores, required to play on a JV team or not? I didn't think so, however, I don't see any merit in Bonarae's assertion about the harm of having a JV program unless that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by KPSUL View Post
    So what's the bottom line? Are IL Freshmen, and/or Sophomores, required to play on a JV team or not? .

They aren't "required" to do so, but anyone who isn't on the varsity's two-deep generally does play on the JV.

Holy Cross dropped having a JV squad playing games (against mostly Ivies and prep schools)....forget the rationale exactly, something to do with the reinstatement of scholles.

The Sultan of Sarcasm Grizalltheway's Avatar

Yo, this thread is about a Montana boy getting him some fancy east coast book learnin'. Please try to stay OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizalltheway View Post
    Yo, this thread is about a Montana boy getting him some fancy east coast book learnin'. Please try to stay OT.
    The thread was starting to wander a bit, but Sader87 brought it right back by turning it into an always OT Patriot League hijack.

He's been given the name "Meat Grinde" on the Voy Ivy League board. I would love to see Yale schedule a game in 2019 at Montana so he can return home to play a game when he is a senior.

Just stay out of the rough nieghberhoods.