Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
That seems to be the way it is trending, so I suppose that you're correct. It's just interesting that this happened after FCOA was implemented. I hope this push for more money by the players ends after the image/likeness thing gets figured out, but I have my doubts. Would really love to see that NCAA video game come back though haha. Part A still stands though, but it's political so I shouldn't have brought it up.

True, however the biggest difference is that the ownership of both facilities have completely different mission's. The Ralph is set up as a non profit with the sole purpose of owning and managing the arena for the benefit of UND athletics. The arena also vests with UND in 2030, so the non profit will be dissolved. As it currently stands, the arena also takes half of ticket sales from all sports, even football which does not even play at the facility. This is not the case for NDSU/Fargo Dome. The Ralph owes UND 48% of ticket sales and 1/3 of advertising sales, and they basically keep everything else, though they do also pay much of the operating costs. At the end of the year, EBITDA is normally 2-3 million, and they keep most of it in a fund for improvements and maintenance. However, since they are set up for the benefit of UND Athletics, it's pretty ridiculous that they have like 6 million in cash for this account. I guess the point is that UND Athletics effectively has much higher revenue than the NCAA financial statements show, and hockey is also much more profitable than most people realize. At the same time however, UND is getting hamstrung by the Ralph, because it is hoarding excess profits that should flow back to the UND athletic department. Our former president got blasted by the local media and uneducated fans when he tried to renegotiate this contract. Unless some of this money or bonding by the Ralph help to pay for Phase 2 of UND's practice facility, I really don't see how they are living up to their mission in operating for the benefit of UND athletics (not just UND hockey). Unless something changes, 2030 can't come soon enough IMO.
I believe the actual figure is 52%, not 50%.

Also, you clearly don't have that higher revenue, because you're not realizing it. That revenue is going to the REA, not UND - and the REA gets to choose how much money flows back to UND. Genius setup from the REA, really. Make out like bandits and look like the "good guys."