Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
  1. #1
    Top FCS Advocate breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    241

    Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Holy Cross announced today that it will play Syracuse in 2019, and posted its schedules for 2016 and 2017.

    HC now scheduled to meet FBS schools Connecticut (2017), Syracuse (2019) and Boston College (2018 and 2020).

    The schedules for the next two years are extremely challenging.

    See: http://goholycross.com/sports/m-foot...2015040153ojxe

  2. #2
    AGS FCS Champion DFW HOYA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,172

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Holy Cross announced today that it will play Syracuse in 2019, and posted its schedules for 2016 and 2017.

    HC now scheduled to meet FBS schools Connecticut (2017), Syracuse (2019) and Boston College (2018 and 2020).

    The schedules for the next two years are extremely challenging.

    See: http://goholycross.com/sports/m-foot...2015040153ojxe
    Any interest in trading for Marist and St. Francis?
    Georgetown: "We play where we do not compete, and compete where we do not play."

  3. #3
    AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murray Goodman Stadium
    Posts
    21,364

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Nice job by the Cross to make this happen. PL schedules now look the same as the rest of scholarship FCS
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

    The
    Time
    Is
    Now

  4. #4
    First Class FCS Ruler BluBengal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texan in Michigan
    Posts
    647

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    congrats on the paychecks with Mid/lower local FBS programs.

  5. #5
    AGS FCS Expert PAllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,244

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Let's wait and see what Lehigh and Bucknell can come up with before we get too crazy LFN.

  6. #6
    AGS FCS Expert PAllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,244

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by BluBengal07 View Post
    congrats on the paychecks with Mid/lower local FBS programs.
    And regional ones with some historical ties at that. Pretty much perfect pickings by HC. Now, if Lehigh could only get something going with Rutgers, Army, UConn, Buffalo, and Temple, then I'd be thrilled.
    (More than one with Navy would extremely nice too, but I'm not holding my breath)

  7. #7
    AGS FCS Champion RichH2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,591

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Kudos to Cross. Great scheduling. Guess we can kill the rumor that Cuse and LU were working on a game. PL making excellent strides upgrading OOC schedules. So far LU only has Navy in '18. Would be nice to see an FBS game every other year. Each class would at get at least 2 . Agree Rutgers and Temple would be great. How about Wake Forest? We may have an in there

  8. #8
    FCS Expert Fordham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,772

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by RichH2 View Post
    Kudos to Cross. Great scheduling. Guess we can kill the rumor that Cuse and LU were working on a game. PL making excellent strides upgrading OOC schedules. So far LU only has Navy in '18. Would be nice to see an FBS game every other year. Each class would at get at least 2 . Agree Rutgers and Temple would be great. How about Wake Forest? We may have an in there
    not as strong as our in!
    Upon the fields of friendly strife ...

  9. #9
    AGS FCS Champion RichH2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,591

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Fordham View Post
    not as strong as our in!
    Yeah,probably but we have 2 to your 1 .

  10. #10
    First Class FCS Ruler hebmskebm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    902

    Re: Holy Cross to Play Syracuse in 2019; Posts 2016 and 2017 Schedules

    I'm liking these moves. Playing FBS schools, when done for reasons other than sheer financial desperation (like being forced to schedule 2+ a year just to keep the program afloat), is a positive for any FCS program.

Similar Threads

  1. Holy Cross: Holy Cross Football To Face Syracuse In 2019
    By News from the FCS in forum Patriot League Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM
  2. TSN: Holy Cross to play Syracuse in 2019
    By TSN in forum FCS News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
  3. TSN: Holy Cross to play UConn in 2017
    By TSN in forum FCS News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 29th, 2014, 09:00 AM
  4. Holy Cross: Holy Cross Football To Face UConn In 2017
    By News from the FCS in forum Patriot League Conference News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 28th, 2014, 02:40 PM
  5. Holy Cross to play Syracuse and Connecticut in 2017
    By crusader11 in forum FCS Discussion
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: May 12th, 2014, 05:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •