Didn't see this posted anywhere, but President Harker is resigning as the head of the University of Delaware to take a 10-year appointment as the head of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.

For the feeling around campus...

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...ping/24256057/

"We're celebrating. E-mails went all around this morning saying: 'Yippee!' It's cathartic," said Sheldon Pollack, a professor of business law, legal studies and political science. "I couldn't name a single faculty member who is sad."
According to Pollack, who once headed the UD Faculty Senate, Harker started off on the wrong foot. His marketing slogan about raising the university to the next level implied the faculty was "mediocre," Pollack said.
Faculty raises have been paltry, while Harker added administrators at big salaries, he said. Morale has fallen, he said.

"His legacy will be that he raised expectations and didn't deliver. That leaves people bitter," Pollack said.

"I think he has the wrong model," said Jan Blits, UD professor emeritus of education. "He has a corporate model for the university and it is top-down management and no respect for faculty governance. Under Harker, the tone of many deans and high-level administrators was: 'Do what I say, I'm the boss.' "