Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LFN: Playoff Speculation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar

LFN: Playoff Speculation

I've had all these rambling thoughts about the odds for teams making the playoff field. I decided to put them on the blog:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

OVC fans, you may want to give it a look. I think the chance of the OVC getting two bids is excellent as long as Eastern Illinois keeps winning.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Not a single game picked correctly last week in the A-10 :rolleyes: :confused:

#9 New Hampshire over #3 UMass. This is another game where the more desperate team takes the cake. Though the Wildcats have been struggling of late, I think they will respond here with a win that reminds us how good they actually are. New Hampshire wins and makes this A-10 title chase very interesting. Caged Wildcats 35, ZooMass 17.

Delaware over #4 James Madison. Playing another hunch, the Blue Hens respond after their heartbreaking defeat to Towson last week by upsetting the Dukes in a situation where they have nothing to lose. Very Blue Hens 32, Dukes 24.

#16 Richmond over Villanova. Richmond's in "every game is a playoff" mode, and shouldn't disappoint against Talley's squad. Villanova has already forgotten about football season at this point anyway. Spiders 31, "It's Basketball Season" 17.

Northeastern over #24 Maine. Maine is desperate, but I feel like scoring 0 points against hapless Rhode Island last week has to be an indicator of worse problems on this team. A surprisingly decent Northeastern team pulls off another upset. Surging Huskies 27, Falling Bears 14.

#25 Towson over William & Mary. Surging Towson has to believe that they have a great shot at the playoffs, and the struggling Tribe shouldn't stand in their way. Tigers 35, Tribe 17.
    No FCS national board comes close to AGS and the great members and visitors make that true day after day. Others want to trumpet their snoot but it is all pollute. Sorry, facts are facts. The AGS community is strong and vibrant, backed by actual numbers. Thanks AGS for being the frontrunner and champ. Imitation is flattering but cheapsters are soon found out.

AGS FCS Champion Lehigh Football Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandl
    Not a single game picked correctly last week in the A-10 :rolleyes: :confused:
    Nice catch! Although I defy anyone who picked them all correctly, especially the William & Mary over Towson game.
    Follow me on Twitter (User Name LFN)

The
    Time
    Is
    Now

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation
    Nice catch! Although I defy anyone who picked them all correctly, especially the William & Mary over Towson game.
    So true!! I doubt that anyone seriously predicted Mary and Bill would win that game!
    Although, I have said the Richmond is a suspect team from the beginning of the season, so the fact that they lost to Villanova did not surprise me at all.
    No FCS national board comes close to AGS and the great members and visitors make that true day after day. Others want to trumpet their snoot but it is all pollute. Sorry, facts are facts. The AGS community is strong and vibrant, backed by actual numbers. Thanks AGS for being the frontrunner and champ. Imitation is flattering but cheapsters are soon found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehigh Football Nation
    I was 20-2 in the GoHens.net pool and both misses were A10's (Towson and Richmond).

Chuck, interesting stuff about the fair catch & onsides kick...Nov 18th awaits! GO PARDS!!!!!!

Proud Member of the AGS Wine and Cheese Crowd
    That is a nice write up and I think more accurate than TSN's predictions last week. You looked at it more from who is likely to win and therefore get in. I think Matt looked at it a little more from the standpoint of who he thought was the better team instead of who had the possibility of winning out.

Right wrong or otherwise, A better team with a 7-4 record from the BSC is not going to beat out a 8-3 team from one of the other power conferences.

Now my team just has to finish 8-3:eek:

First Class FCS Advocate MiloCat's Avatar
    #5: The third-placed team in the Gateway. Odds: 6-1. This looks strong since Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa play each other and both are fighting for 8-3 records. What could be a stumbling point, though is if UNI wins out and is looking for an at-large but but have a D-II loss to North Dakota to explain to the committee. That uncertainty brings these odds down.
    If UNI wins out, they get the autobid.

Nice write up, though.:nod:

So true!! I doubt that anyone seriously predicted Mary and Bill would win that game!
    Although, I have said the Richmond is a suspect team from the beginning of the season, so the fact that they lost to Villanova did not surprise me at all.
    I agree nobaody picked all the A10 games right last week, but lets not pick on WM here. WM has never lost to Towson, in fact WM has never come close to losing to Towson. WM has lost three conference games by a total of 9 points this season. The week before the offense finally showed sign of life when it put 31 points on the Wildcats. Of course hindsight is 20/20, but in hindsight the WM win should not be that shocking IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WMTribe90
    I agree nobaody picked all the A10 games right last week, but lets not pick on WM here. WM has never lost to Towson, in fact WM has never come close to losing to Towson. WM has lost three conference games by a total of 9 points this season. The week before the offense finally showed sign of life when it put 31 points on the Wildcats. Of course hindsight is 20/20, but in hindsight the WM win should not be that shocking IMO.
    I wasn't aware that Mary and Bill hadn't ever lost to Towson. But I am aware that they lost their other two A-10 losses by a total of 55 points.